New To Trialsing

Grovesy93

Im new to trials bikes and I dont know if I need a 20" or 26" bike I'm 6'2" and I was looking at getting either an Onza RIP/ Bird or the Diamondback Tekiya as they are in my price range of under £270. Please I need help :P :P

Go second hand mate, you can get much better spec bikes for that price if they're used :)

Plus with the cheapest "new" trials bikes you'd need to upgrade parts quicker as they'll break easier.

EDIT:

The height thing, quite a few tall people ride 20", others hate how they feel (Myself for instance, at 6ft 2).

Best way is to meet up on here and test a couple and see which you like best!

Edited by MadManMike

I'm just under 6'2" and honestly, i have no problems what so ever riding my 20".

I agree, go 2nd hand.

Look on ebay for a nice onza or something :P

Whether you ride mod or stock, watch some of the ''mod vs stock'' videos on youtube, this really gave me a clear picture of which one i wanted to go for.

General rule is: 20"- street 26" natural.

But, i love seeing the odd 26" on street :)

Just keep watching videos and you'll make your mind up :))

Hope this helped.

Mat.

Im new to trials bikes and I dont know if I need a 20" or 26" bike I'm 6'2" and I was looking at getting either an Onza RIP/ Bird or the Diamondback Tekiya as they are in my price range of under £270. Please I need help :P :P

Well, budget aside, are you used to riding XC or BMX or neither? I started on mod and am about your height. I came from an XC background and picked mod for some unknown reason. Not a bad choice, by any means, but turns out I took to a stock better based on my previous experiences. Doesn't mean you will, but it might be a good direction.

Also search this topic. Lots of good info and varying opinion to be found. I've seen some serious tanks make good on mod. Just not my found comfort level.

Cheers!

Well, budget aside, are you used to riding XC or BMX or neither? I started on mod and am about your height. I came from an XC background and picked mod for some unknown reason. Not a bad choice, by any means, but turns out I took to a stock better based on my previous experiences. Doesn't mean you will, but it might be a good direction.

Also search this topic. Lots of good info and varying opinion to be found. I've seen some serious tanks make good on mod. Just not my found comfort level.

Cheers!

+1 to that :/

I come from XC but, went to mod :)

It's alright :)

Mat..

what a load of rubbish kyeo00 5 of my friends ride 20" in comps on natural! there are no general rules what you ride you muppet

Yes i know but that's the supposed idea.

That's why bmx's have 20" wheels?..

Not 26" wheels?..

Mat.

And don't call me a muppet with that embarrasing grammar.

Yes i know but that's the supposed idea.

That's why bmx's have 20" wheels?..

Not 26" wheels?..

Mat.

And don't call me a muppet with that embarrasing grammar.

I have to disagree.

BMX's play no part in what bikes are used in which situation. Street / DJ bikes are 24 / 26", trials bikes can be 24, 26 or 20 and be used for street.

No size was designed specifically for street, I guess 24" is mainly aimed at street riders but that's about it.

I have to disagree.

BMX's play no part in what bikes are used in which situation. Street / DJ bikes are 24 / 26", trials bikes can be 24, 26 or 20 and be used for street.

No size was designed specifically for street, I guess 24" is mainly aimed at street riders but that's about it.

Lol..

I'm not going to argue with you..

Mat.

Yeah, I agree with 2nd poster, you have to try the difference between 20" and 24/26" to appreciate what works best for you. I personally customised my own ride over time with bits I bought but maybe factory-built are good these days??