Hope Trials Disc

kieran9990

Hi all,

As some of you may have seen in the Bike Pictures ection i have just refurbed muels old echo 08.

I have a small problem in that when the caliper and lever were off the bike my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to pump it a few times , pushing the pads out.

No problem i thought i will just push them back, the only problem i now have is that the lever just feel spongy and pulls back much further than it did before. I have checked the resevoir and its full. and when the lever is pulled i can see both pads pushing onto the disc?

There just seems to be half the power there was before?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Kieran

Sounds like she's pumped them enough to push some air down into the hose aswell Kieran.

Did you push the pistons all the way back into the caliper? It might push the air bubbles all the way back into the reseviour.

If not it'll need bleeding, which is really easy, catch me on MSN if you want a hand or theres a thing in the wiki.

It's Dot 5.1 in there in case you needed to get some. (Unless you've already rebled it with something else).

Sounds like she's pumped them enough to push some air down into the hose aswell Kieran.

Did you push the pistons all the way back into the caliper? It might push the air bubbles all the way back into the reseviour.

If not it'll need bleeding, which is really easy, catch me on MSN if you want a hand or theres a thing in the wiki.

It's Dot 5.1 in there in case you needed to get some. (Unless you've already rebled it with something else).

Also why kieron gets the chance i'd suggest it might be an idea to clean the pistons up a lil so they move more freely,it may be crud on them also makin it feel poo at the lever,so basicaly take your pads out,stick something else in there a lil wider like a small block of wood,pump your lever slowly to get the pistons to come out,not too much though,now clean any crud off them with a clean rag,

oh and i sprayed some light teflon lube into my lever where the reach adjuster is once i'd cleaned and re-bled mine to smooth all that down too,worked a treat,just make sure it's not a spray that will eat your seals in there,it will keep everything running nicely

you also already know this but please..make sure at all times that you dont get anything on your disc or pads

All the non bleeding suggestions seem pretty good if you ask me. Another thing you can try is adjusting the tiny allen key bolt, although this is designed to adjust reach, it kinda can be used to adjust the bit point. Use that to bring the bit point back to where is was and see if that works out for you.

(Y)