Hs33 Piston Problem

George.E

I have a problem with my rear HS33. It is blead with water with a bit of oil and fairy liquid in.

The piston in the leaver when I pull it in, gets stuck and doesn't come back out, I have pumped It loads of times with oil and have now dubbled up two springs inside to push it back out but it still wont spring back out.It keeps pushing the pads onto my rim and locking it.

I have ran out of ideas to try, does any one know how to solve this ?

Thanks loads.

George

Put loads of chain lube inside the lever, were the spring is.

bleed it propperly with just water, and lube your pistons with wd40, try not to ride though puddles and in the rain and itll be fine forever.

Ok thanks for that, will try.

Pull the piston out and clean it properly with something very lightly abrasive. Grease it, and then put it back together.

If you're going to make an emulsion of liquids like that, just make sure you use deionised water, or use some trials-specific brake fluid.

Pull the piston out and clean it properly with something very lightly abrasive. Grease it, and then put it back together.

If you're going to make an emulsion of liquids like that, just make sure you use deionised water, or use some trials-specific brake fluid.

Ok thanks a lot.

nope...

ive had this problem several times before....do not grease it. This seems to cause the psiton to swell increasing the problem.

take the piston out, remove the o-ring...and using a piece of fine grade glass paper, sand the whole of the piston....keep checking its shape, and obviously sand it uniformly to prevent high or low spots.

I've heard of this happening a lot recently. I reckon theres a market for someone like Edd Potts to make new pistons out of alumnium or stainless steel.

I'd buy one anyway, I still havn't sorted mine out, it still sticks. I'm going to try sanding the standard piston but I dunno how well it will work, how you're supposed to keep it round I don't know...

Find a bolt that threads into the back of the piston (It'll have to cut its own threads since there's just a seat for the pushrod from the lever), attach to a power drill, clamp the power drill so it won't move, put the drill on at low speed and hold sandpaper against the piston as it rotates to keep it round while sanding...

I'm still using oil in my Magura though, so have never had to deal with this problem... The brake pump on the other hand is a pain...

I've heard of this happening a lot recently. I reckon theres a market for someone like Edd Potts to make new pistons out of alumnium or stainless steel.

I'd buy one anyway, I still havn't sorted mine out, it still sticks. I'm going to try sanding the standard piston but I dunno how well it will work, how you're supposed to keep it round I don't know...

+1, I would by one of them as well, because I have tried so many ways to fix this problem.