First Bike?

Kick

As it's your first trials bike you don't need anything spectacular parts wise. I recommend the Phase 1.2 I've found it here click me

This is right on your budget, but the spec is pretty good, the bike is fairly light and it comes with hydraulic rim brakes. If you search through the videos section and look for videos by Rich Pearson, he rides the 1.3 it's a cheaper version of the 1.2, but you can see how it can be ridden and what can be done on it.

Yeah, the Phase's are pretty awesome for the money.

But one more thing, are you sure you want to go straight onto a stock?

Even if you are tall, it still may be easier to learn the fundamentals of trials on a mod.

They're are possibly the cheaper option (obviously depending what you go for),

and they are just so much easier to flick around and to pick up things on.

tall dosent automatically mean you have to ride a stock. ive ridden with tall mod riders ans short stock riders.

look at all the sizes, 20, 24, 26. if at all possible ride at least a mod and a stock before you decide.

and yes, many times mods are cheaper. i have found the mods to be twitchier but easier to do things with. the 26" wheels on a stock just seem over whelming on a trials bike, but they do roll over things a mod wont.

the only stock bike ive ridden was the adamant A1, i highly recommended it. if you can find one in good condition in your price range, go for it. i have seen them in the 500 euro range on pink bike.com

Edited by Redneck

the only stock bike ive ridden was the adamant A1, i highly recommended it. if you can find one in good condition in your price range, go for it.

Yes.

A1's are great,

and if you can't find one there's always the A3

[same frame, mod version ;)]

As it's your first trials bike you don't need anything spectacular parts wise. I recommend the Phase 1.2 I've found it here click me

This is right on your budget, but the spec is pretty good, the bike is fairly light and it comes with hydraulic rim brakes. If you search through the videos section and look for videos by Rich Pearson, he rides the 1.3 it's a cheaper version of the 1.2, but you can see how it can be ridden and what can be done on it.

Hi,

I started off with a Phase 1.2 around 5 months ago and its an awesome starting point.

Since then i have heavily modified it. Now it is just the frame which is standard.

Good way to look at it is, if you like trials you can modify the bike, finally ending by buying a new frame. If you dont like it you haven't lost too much.

I bought my Phase 1.2 off ebay for £120, and it fits me ok and i am 6' 2" :D

Hope this helps.

Is there anything similar to this but cheaper, and with a seat? Seems a tad over-ambitious to get a bike without a seat for me as a beginner?

Any good sites for reasonably cheap beginner trials bikes?