Skyride... Whats It All About

maxxis26

Yo, Skyride is a four big cycling events hosted by Sky around the country to boost the profile of cycling, the venues being in Manchester, Leicester, Glasgow and London. Similar to last years Sky Sports Freewheel in London, the events centre around a fun ride through whichever city the event is in, plus additional facets such as display teams (yep, the MAD team is at all four of them along with Team Extreme BMX display), bike doctors, healthy living advice and much more.

The first event in Manchester has already been and gone which I was lucky enough to be at doing shows with MAD. Was an awesome day and really did a lot to help the sport of cycling and also trials (1,000's of people watched the trials displays that day, and the next events are only set to be progressivley bigger), so if you get a chance to be in Leicester, Glasgow or London for the next ones, definitely worth getting yourself down there, Sky are really pulling out the stops this year :)

Rich

Sounds sweet Rich, I'm looking forward to the Glasgow event. Sounds like it'll be as big as the Manchester one then, really looking forward to it.

As far as trials goes there's nothing you can really do, but regarding general cycling, you can take part in the event. I believe if you go on their website you'll find more info, but I believe you can ride around a set route with no cars on the road aswell as meet people within the industry such as the bike doctors that may be able to give you more advice on cycling in the local area.

Based on last years Sky Freewheel event in London all these Sky ride event's should be of a very similar scale with just as many people out there on their bikes enjoying the fresh air and car free roads.

Sounds sweet Rich, I'm looking forward to the Glasgow event. Sounds like it'll be as big as the Manchester one then, really looking forward to it.

As far as trials goes there's nothing you can really do, but regarding general cycling, you can take part in the event. I believe if you go on their website you'll find more info, but I believe you can ride around a set route with no cars on the road aswell as meet people within the industry such as the bike doctors that may be able to give you more advice on cycling in the local area.

Based on last years Sky Freewheel event in London all these Sky ride event's should be of a very similar scale with just as many people out there on their bikes enjoying the fresh air and car free roads.

Slight correction there Nick as we (MAD and Team Extreme) are running coaching sessions consecutively to every show we do, whereby we can help coach and train almost anyone of any level to be a better bike rider :)

Rich