Brake Boosters

hdmackay

Hi,

This is going to sound really wierd but...

Is there anyway of making a booster flex more? :lol:

Because I have a built in booster on my frame but it still has a bit of flex and I think i'm going to get a 2-bolt booster.

However, because my frame's 4-bolt mount spacing is 105mm, not many boosters will fit. And the only ones that fit are the Trialtech ones and the Echo Team one.

I have a feeling if I get one of those boosters, it will be way too stiff and my back brake will have no bite whatsoever.

So is there a way of making it flex a bit more but so the booster is still reducing some flex from what it was originally like with no booster?

i was thinking maybe drilling holes into might?

Thanks in advance

Hunter

The booster wont affect the bite, or if in the strange case it does, grind the rim.

Or grind anyway (Y)

Errrm yes it does...

You can file out the holes on most boosters anyway, I have an Echo 2-bolt one and it's great, works really well. I hate really stiff brakes and this seems just right for me.

Guest itstroy08
Errrm yes it does...

You can file out the holes on most boosters anyway, I have an Echo 2-bolt one and it's great, works really well. I hate really stiff brakes and this seems just right for me.

It would seem that every one has different expeiances then.

Your pads hit the rim, and then have that extra pressure to keep the bite, where as the flex just sponges it up.

The booster wont affect the bite, or if in the strange case it does, grind the rim.

Or grind anyway (Y)

Definately not! Just got a new backwheel and it's an anodised sidewall so my back brake is amazing! Haha:P

How would frame flex increase bite?

It does. Getting a booster which reduces flex reduces the bite. But makes the hold better.

Errrm yes it does...

Is it an Echo Team one?

And also, are you running it on a built in booster?

I guess my main worry is that I just don't want my frame to crack there and sometimes when I backwheel things, I pull the brake pretty hard and I feel it flex in and the brake doesn't hold.

It would seem that every one has different expeiances then.

Your pads hit the rim, and then have that extra pressure to keep the bite, where as the flex just sponges it up.

No that's how the hold works, if you have a booster it absorbs the vibrations, making the brake quieter and bite less. Not exactly sure why, but I think it's probably to do wit

Is it an Echo Team one?

And also, are you running it on a built in booster?

I guess my main worry is that I just don't want my frame to crack there and sometimes when I backwheel things, I pull the brake pretty hard and I feel it flex in and the brake doesn't hold.

This one: http://www.bikedock.co.uk/posit/images/pro.../0000017859.jpg

I wasn't doing, when it was on my Kot I filed the mounts down and ran it with no spacers, makes a bit of difference. to be honest the brake on my Kot was shite, it never held, I was going to get a 4 bolt booster but then I got my Simtra which has a built in booster, which is waiting for bits. :(