Yet Another Control 09

freetrial

I was going to try the Muddy Mary, but I certainly don't remember it being 850 grams...

Actually, Schwalbe now states 870g, but on the 2008 / 2009 boxes I have in the shop, it says 850g. This is the folding Freeride version of the tire.

Linky

The last one I had I weighed when it was worn and cut as I like, and my ParkTool DS-1 scale said 730g. Again, I do recommend this tire.

Oh it's the 2.35 version... I was looking at the 2.5 version, which is only 990 grams.. not bad!

I wasn't terribly happy with my Big Betty though, that tire wore out really fast, I only rode it for a few months or so.. started with about half tread life, and finished with full slick in the center.

Edited by Borgschulze

how do you find brake setup? its a real fanny on mine i have 18/15 new chain and the half joining link and the wheels to far back to set the brakes up decent, and with the chain any shorter it dont go on the cogs, had to mill the slots in my clamps

how do you find brake setup? its a real fanny on mine i have 18/15 new chain and the half joining link and the wheels to far back to set the brakes up decent, and with the chain any shorter it dont go on the cogs, had to mill the slots in my clamps

Had no problems with this. I mostly, as you can se in the first post, ran a single halflink on a regular chain. This should be no worries IF you set it up properly. Always use new pins for the chain et.c.

The brake lined up just fine with this setup.

Later I went for a full length chain with the same 18/15 ratio. No problems. tension and brakes were just fine. :) On this setup I used Echo TR clamps.

Anyway... The frame is gone now.

• 10 months later...

Yup! :) But it`s closer to a Maxxis 2.5. :) I run the same one on my DH bike. Wicked Will might be another tire to try out...

Came across this post searching for anyone who has used this tire.

Picked this tire up for cheap, 2.35 Gooey Gluey Freeride casing, 905 grams.

I see potential for knob trimming, but it won't make a difference for me, I'm not that good that I require extra grip.

p5pb5867357.jpg