Car

Mat Smith!!

Mate just got insured on a Polo for £1400 fully comp etc, that was with Direct line.

Direct Line wouldn't insure me on my mums car because it has non-standard alloys (which my grandad put on when he owned it) so they think its a boy racer car 8-)

Who ?

alot of people my age inject herioin daily, beat up grandmas and steal their purses, drive uninsure, no mot, no tax, and no licence. just because they all do it, does that make it ok?

You told me if it was that simple everyone would do it. I told you they do. Simples.

I really can't be arsed with this though, have fun in your perfectly law abiding life, let poor people like me scam, lie, steal and cheat our way through it while chasing the dragon.

Edited by Max Quinn

I think when I was learning to drive, my 1.0ltr Corsa was £1800 f/c. I had this for about 7 years. So from my experience, try and get something that will last a few years and keep the engine capacity super low. This way you're keeping yourself away from potentially stacking the car due to having a 'nippy' engine and the insurance will be 'acceptable'. Ive said it before but I'll say it again lol, build your NCB's up then you can look at getting a nice car when you're older. Im nearly 25, I don't have a nice car haha, but the insurance for my Volvo is £200 f/c with 5 years NCB. Dunno if this has been any help, but best of luck mate (Y)

i got got my first car insurance for £400 fully comp :) my own no named drivers but then i could carry my 5 years no claims bike insurance!!

Ah cheers for that, I was wondering if it was possible to transfer my bike no claims over, some do some don't apparently.

I'll ring up nearer to the time once I've passed my car test, the only way I could do it online was to say that I was 19 and had 2 years cars no claims, but that brought a small engine Clio down to £600 fully comp which I was well chuffed with.

Actually can't wait to do it, I'll be the envy of all my mates, the last one in our group of friends to pass but the cheapest on insurance. :rolleyes:

Oh a tip if your going for an expensive policy, my mate's 1.25 Fiesta was cheaper fully comp than TPFT, he also saved £250 by doing payment in one go rather than monthly, to achieve this he went for an interest free credit card.