Whats The Best Front Brake Setup (smooth)

Cotty08

Best setup i ever owned was an 04 maggy with koxx greens with a light grind.. It was unbelievably bitey and locked like nothing else! With reverse mounts of course :P

EDIT: Didnt read the topic properly (N) Best smooth rim setup Id have to say Heatsink Snowys in CNC'd backings will be the most reliable.

Edited by RossMcd

Exactly, Its just my opinion, if you wanna' argue it...feel free. I don't give a rats arse to be honest.

i dont get how you can say something like a disk brakes shit, they have loads more modulation then any magura/vee and nearly as much hold.

Hey guys im just wondering whats the best front brake setup for smooth

Is it just me or does everone get fed up of these stupid posts ?

I recon theres about 300 posted about front brake setups for smooth rim.

Just use the search or just look on tartys and pick some smooth rim pads.

Edited by crispyboy

i dont get how you can say something like a disk brakes shit, they have loads more modulation then any magura/vee and nearly as much hold.

Because like me, if you don't ride rocks, modulation is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Edit - As for hold, I've ridden many of bikes with a disc, not many of them hold on me. Thats from hope mono trials 200ml to 203ml bb7's.

Edited by Otacon

Because like me, if you don't ride rocks, modulation is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Edit - As for hold, I've ridden many of bikes with a disc, not many of them hold on me. Thats from hope mono trials 200ml to 203ml bb7's.

Might be down to riding style then. Get right over the front on gaps and you'll be fine.

but if your right over the front, you might aswell use a u brake and itd still be fine to PUT UP WITH.

exactly some big front gaps you just cant physicly get over the ront you need a brake that will hold and haul you up over the bars, disc's just dont cut it

front vee with inspierd pads mat will back me up on this lol, and of you want to break your wrists then get the phat ones.

A u brake wouldn't hold even if you're right over the front. Whats your point?

lol its a joke, dont cry too hard, disks are fine on the front, but ive never had a good feeling/working rear disk.

for the front, get pretty much any half decent vee set up and you will be fine, or a magura with soft pads: zoo, heatsink yellow, plaz, rock green etc.

exactly some big front gaps you just cant physicly get over the ront you need a brake that will hold and haul you up over the bars, disc's just dont cut it

front vee with inspierd pads mat will back me up on this lol, and of you want to break your wrists then get the phat ones.

alec wrays rockman is double disk, f**king best brakes i have ever used, they hold on anything, you will see if he rides it on saturday at shef lol

Best setup i ever owned was an 04 maggy with koxx greens with a light grind.. It was unbelievably bitey and locked like nothing else! With reverse mounts of course :P

EDIT: Didnt read the topic properly (N) Best smooth rim setup Id have to say Heatsink Snowys in CNC'd backings will be the most reliable.

Took the words straight out of my mouth!