Single Wall Rim

Stupidly big

Hey, I am attempting to make my Try-All rims into single wall rims, to get the weight down as much as possible, a few riders I have ridden with say it's a good way to loose a few pounds off the bike, anyone have any ideas on what tools to be used? just a grinder and a selection of files?

Does anybody also know how much weight this will save? thinking about making the holes square and drilling the sidewalls abit, but only on the front.

Is it worth doing on the rear? I'm not very harsh but don't want to be splashing out on a new rim every 1-2 months :).

Thanks for your time so far, I'll most likely have more questions once I get stuck grinding :P.

I used a grinder with metal cutting disc, file and some 11grit sand paper, and some 220 i think

Okay, thanks for that information, do you know how much weight you saved? and how long did it take you?

I've just started now, I'm using a dremel though, should take abit longer, but be abit safer to my nice new Try-All rim :P.

You'd be lucky to save 0.25lbs haha, the whole rim only weighs like 1.5lbs!

I used a grinder with a cutting disc, then tidied it up with a grinding disc.

Ahh well :( It's fun anyway haha, how much does your front rim weigh at the moment? and what other mods have you made?

I'm looking to save as much as I can on the front end without going too silly, I've already got full alu and ti bolts :)