Avid Sd7 Vee Caliper

hdmackay

Hi,

Having just got a new vee brake today I was fitting it and the bit where the spring attaches to cracked and the top of the spring snapped off. Absolutely raging.

Anyway, is there anyway to replace the spring bit?

This was all I could find. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...p;category_id=5

But I can't get the old bit off the caliper. Is it stuck on?

Please help

Hunter

The Ultimate springs and SD7 spring arrangements are a bit different - whilst you can fit SD7 internals to an Ultimate with minimal effort I don't think you're able to go the other way round. If it's just the actual spring itself pinch one off some other vee (your garage/LBS can probably help) and pull your brake apart to swap them over.

No 100% sure which parts you've broken, if you could pop up a picture it'd be easy to say exactly what you need to do (Y)

They just pull off.

There quite hard to get off (obviously)

Alright. Just need to pull pretty hard>

The Ultimate springs and SD7 spring arrangements are a bit different - whilst you can fit SD7 internals to an Ultimate with minimal effort I don't think you're able to go the other way round. If it's just the actual spring itself pinch one off some other vee (your garage/LBS can probably help) and pull your brake apart to swap them over.

No 100% sure which parts you've broken, if you could pop up a picture it'd be easy to say exactly what you need to do (Y)

Alright, well can't get a picture tonight. I will try take into my LBS tomorrow and see what they can do.

It's the bit the spring goes into. The bit that holds the spring inplace. And also, the wee pins that stick out are bent. Sorry. Am not very good at explaining!

thanks for the help though. :)