How Do From Trials "curious"

Hola, it's good to be here. I'm on looking for advice and tips plain & simple. Been riding all sorts since I was no age. I'm now *VERY considerably* more than no age and am trying to gain back some of the old rusted skills I used to have back in the day. I’m still riding my, um, somewhat unorthodox scoot [neither 24 nor 26 pffft] because I’m neither sufficiently financially buoyant to afford another rig, nor certain enough that I’m even capable of being any way competent at trials. Nonetheless, I’ve swapped the clipless for flats, already busted up both shins in artistic and bloody V8 symmetry but am no less eager to give it a burn.. Glad to meet yous. Cheers, David.

Good to see that youre old blood trying to learn new stuff, Im much in the same boat on the wrong side of 30 (just) but have been learning for the last 5 years or so :)

Never too old to start I say, as long as you can physically ride a bike then youre good to go.

Im presuming youre trying to learn basics on a mountainbike (neither 24 or 26 = 29"? :o ) and whilst I started in the same place as you over 13 years ago I can only recommend getting a trials specific frame and setup, your learning curve will become so much faster (and steeper) but its the best way to progress.

An excellent reference for learning is www.trashzen.com, lots of information for techniques from basics up to more advanced; read, watch, ingest and go practise.

Keep up the good posting and you will be validated very quickly (Ive already submitted a validation vote for yourself) which will give you access to the magical mysteries of the classified section and a whole host of cheap parts and bikes, you may be suprised to find how much bike you can get for not alot of money!

Good to see that youre old blood trying to learn new stuff, Im much in the same boat on the wrong side of 30 (just) but have been learning for the last 5 years or so :)

Never too old to start I say, as long as you can physically ride a bike then youre good to go.

Im presuming youre trying to learn basics on a mountainbike (neither 24 or 26 = 29"? :o ) and whilst I started in the same place as you over 13 years ago I can only recommend getting a trials specific frame and setup, your learning curve will become so much faster (and steeper) but its the best way to progress.

An excellent reference for learning is www.trashzen.com, lots of information for techniques from basics up to more advanced; read, watch, ingest and go practise.

Keep up the good posting and you will be validated very quickly (Ive already submitted a validation vote for yourself) which will give you access to the magical mysteries of the classified section and a whole host of cheap parts and bikes, you may be suprised to find how much bike you can get for not alot of money!

Much obliged my friend, yep the wheels are about as on the wrong side of large as my age is on the wrong side of 30 haha.. I totally appreciate your advice. Some of the trials machines are fantastic pieces of bling fer sure though to be honest, I'm still trying to figure if I can cut it or not before committing if you know what I mean.

Yep, chanks for the site ref, funny I found trashzen just the other day trying to figure out what the issue is with my horrendous bunnyhop technique [besides having a bike never made for it LOLs].. Anyways, I appreciate the wisdom forteh I surely do. Cheers again, David.