Trial Of Wessex

walker

Hi there,

After looking at my bank statement i saw that the cheque for the entry to this trial has only just been cashed by Pendragon sports. Some of you will remember that there was a £30 entry fee for a two day competition, however only one competition took place on the sunday. I was promised a refund for the second day (monday 25th May) and I'm sure that I am not the only one.

Please put your name down if you think you are owed a refund as I will be getting in touch with Andrei and Jack. It's rightfully your money and should not just be forgotten about.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by walker

I'm glad this ain't just me. I just looked at my statement and saw that £35 had been taken! I didn't even ride the comp on Saturday because of a niggling injury and there wasn't a comp on Sunday, so I expect a refund.

I don't have any contacts for Andrei or Jack, if you have any luck Andrew, please could you let us know? Would be great if you can.

Stan.

Right, kust spoken to Andrei. As i expected he's pointed me in the direction of Nick Vaughan from Pendragon sports. He says he's going to chase him up about it, so hopefully we shall here something soon. If not then I shall be getting in touch again.

+1 on the £35 I'm afraid - should've been £25 for the one day's entry.

However I'm not going to be asking for it back.. I had a wicked ride in the comp on Saturday, and had great fun taking pics, riding, and pissing about with forklift trucks on the Sunday, *well* worth the extra tenner, even more so knowing how much these kind of events cost to put on.

Fair enough if you didn't ride at all, or weren't around for the Sunday - the organisers should be on top of keeping the payments! :)

£20 for the single day according to Andrei, so you should recieve £10-£15 depending what you sent them. Dont really agree with you there mike. If your promised two days of comps then thats what there should be. I know it was a good weekend, but there were quite a few promises made that weren't kept regarding that comp (prize money etc..) I know a lot of effort went into it, but people shouldnt pay for something that isnt delivered.

£20 for the single day according to Andrei, so you should recieve £10-£15 depending what you sent them. Dont really agree with you there mike. If your promised two days of comps then thats what there should be. I know it was a good weekend, but there were quite a few promises made that weren't kept regarding that comp (prize money etc..) I know a lot of effort went into it, but people shouldnt pay for something that isnt delivered.

I wouldn't say that "If you're promised two days of comps then thats what there should be" mate, as I'm sure if it were realisically possible, then it would've happened. However, I suspect factors beyond their control kinda affected that a bit? Say.. lack of observers or numbers, proving how much more support this kinda events need? I'm with them that a free for all was probably a better idea! Yet there's still insurance to be paid, and equipment to be hired, which does cost money. :(

Why be that fussed about the lack of competition anyway? We're not that competitive that we need the chance to try and prove ourselves at every opportunity :P Besides there was plenty of competition that day without the need for observers!

thats true, but then there the point that some people just turned up for the Monday and did not pay anything (they were never told otherwise) so charging some people but not others to "just ride" the obstacles is not fair.