Onza Blade

VOLTAGE25

My little bro who is 13 is getting quite into trials as he has done quite a lot of street on bmx would a blade be a good bike for him to learn on. he also likes the rip but i think the blade is a better spec starter.

Does anyone have/had a blade that can tell me if they are good or if i should go for somethin else.

Any advice ????????

cheers all

I have an Onza Blade and yes it’s alright but not the best. I like the frame and the feel of the bike but I’ve progressed a bit quicker than I thought I would. I really should have spent more on a bike but at the time I wasn’t sure if I’d stick at trials or it would just be one of those 1 minute wonders.

I like the bike but I have had quite few problems with it. The bearings in the front hub went in the first week so the shop I got it from gave me a new wheel. Also the frame flexed a lot until I put a brake booster on it. The BB seems a bit week and the pedals that come with it are sh1te make sure you swap them for something tougher and grippier.

However most of these things are due to the sheer amount of riding I’ve done on it.

Edited by martin555

He likes the idea of riding mod as he as a bmx te now but its falling to bits to be honest and i have the echo and he wants that but im to wary of some1 taking it from him at school or somethin while im at work. Thought at £100 With new hs33 and only used once or twice would be ok for him and if he gets better or good will get something else in time.

i used to have a blade and to be honest thought it was a reallly good bike, however not one parts was as standard. i did find it was a tad flexy without a booster, but they are so easy to ride and look and feel good to. to be honest the stock onza parts are stupidly heavy and may make it difficult for him to learn on but plenty of people have managed with them so its just my opinion. would definately take the blade if you could get a reasonable spec and price. MONTY are good bikes just to clarify, i had a kamel (well i bionic mod - same as kamel) and i loved it, just decided to go stock otherwise would have kept it.

• 2 weeks later...