Trialtech Foam Grips

hdmackay

I've heard countless people on the forum going on about how awesome Trialtech Foam grips are and my cousin just got them on his bike and I had a go and they feel awesome!

He said they were really hard to get on, but they don't slip at-all.

i'm just wondering though, how do you get them off? Because they don't look like they'll come off very easy. With rubber grips I just peel them off but these aren't like that.

The obvious thing is to cut them off, but are there any ways that doesn't destroy them? I quite often have to remove my grips because of my brake levers and stuff so any help is much appreciated.

:)

no no no cuting them off. i have them for half a year now and they are the best ever.

when i puted them on, i put some coca cola over my handlebar anda the grip went on sooo easy, after 5-10 min ( depends how much coke you put) they her "glued" to the bar.

i even take them off few times, no problem. just pul with your fingers from the inside part of the grip and they will come off easy.

put them on again with fanta mayby this time and you are ready to ride :D

just a little tip, if you find your foam grips slide, try and get the left over lock on clamps of rubber grips and put them in place. they no longer slide down the bar. not as light but if you just changed from lock ons to foam then it works a treat.

You got a football pump? Use the needle to inflate the grip and it will just slide off. Gotta squeeze it on though, and keep pushing the needle back inside the grip as you slide it off the bar.

I've decided, Muel DOES know everything! :P

Where do you guys get those ideas? :blink: Cola, gums, wd-40?! Easiest wait to put foamies on and remove is with water. Make sure your bars and inner side of girps is clean, so they could stick good together and just soak grips with water. They will get on easy, will remove easy just as well. Only 1 minus is that you need to wait till the water dries, after that, they are like glued. Been using this "tactic' for quite a while now, not even thinking about changint it.

Cheers

no no no cuting them off. i have them for half a year now and they are the best ever.

when i puted them on, i put some coca cola over my handlebar anda the grip went on sooo easy, after 5-10 min ( depends how much coke you put) they her "glued" to the bar.

i even take them off few times, no problem. just pul with your fingers from the inside part of the grip and they will come off easy.

put them on again with fanta mayby this time and you are ready to ride :D

Thanks for this also, i have some on my Atomz and need to change the bars, so funnily enough was thinking about asking the same question. MMMMThanksyou. :)