Brake Booster

Nic84echo

Hi guys (and gals),

I'm about to invest in a brake booster for the rear of my Echo Team. I know it already has that huge booster welded onto the frame, but it seems that despite that, a stonking Echo brake, Rock pads and a heavy grind I'm still managing to flex that frame and the wheel occasionally manages to loose grip and slip on through. Anyone use that frame and have the same problem?

So, whats your preference, 2-bolt or 4-bolt? And if anyone here does have the same set-up, do either foul the crossover pipe? I could just be overthinking this, but it looks to me like a wide booster might not actually fit on very well.

Cheers, Nic

I would(As would many) recommend the Trialtech 2 Bolt booster. Its very cheap at just a smidgin over £20 and is also very strong and stopped flex completely on my bike!

Thanks for that quick reply, Lukas.

I've realised now that I should have put a bit more info into that first post though. The flex issue isn't at the top end, what with the built in booster being part of the top two bolt holes, but more an issue at the lower end of the seat stays. Would a 4-bolt booster perhaps be a better option to completely elliminate this movement? Or are 2-bolts just as capable of stiffening things up?

Also, I'm a sucker for eye candy, and try to keep the weight gain to a minimum (I used to be an xc racer and as such have a tendancy to try and lighten things) so the cost isn't really an issue. Having said that, I wont slap a piece of kit on the bike just because it's 'top of the line'. Please don't take that as me knocking back the Trialtech suggestion either, I'm a big fan of their stuff, not long ago I opted for a Trialtech sport forged stem, perfect geo for my height and riding style, lighter than just about anything else out there, looks good and best of all was a relative bargain!

As I mentioned before though, my real concern was either type of booster fitting on in the first place. I've never even seen a pic of an Echo Team ('07 at least) with a booster on, and the crossover pipe sits at quite an upward angle compared to the seat stays. Again, perhaps I'm thinking a bit too hard about this and should just experiment a little.

Cheers again.

Hi its Nacho:D,

I currerntly own both boosters at the moment ,Trial-tech 2 bolt ,Trial-tech 2 bolt Carbon .

I have to say that the carbon is very light and flexs minorly , but the aluminium booster is spot on amazing its realy worth the money .

I have found that they are basically the same its just that one is cheaper and more durable than the other . It has also been said that if you fall off or knock the carbon hard it can break , metal is the best option in my opinion.

Hope i helped,

Nacho:D