Dj Abingdon Memorial Ride.

Borat

Easy guys, I am just in search of some awnsers (sp?) really.

In june, when the memorial ride was on, it was the best ride I had ever been on. Lots of new and familiar faces.

Announced by Sue, that it was the last (in the seeable future) abingdon memorial ride. My heart sunk when I found this out.

So is there any way we could continue this? I thought that every rider that goes must pay towards the insurance and hiring of the grounds?

Please tell m if this is a legit idea, Jack.

My sentiments exactly Dave...

Jack, send Sue a message (forum_mum) if it's that important to you, but it's their call. You should just respect that and let it lie, not try and run it anyway. Chatting to Sue, Charlie and Sam at the ride last year (and using some common sense) there's some very valid reasons behind it.

I'm sure that that's probably come across in the completely wrong way but i cant think of a different way to word it at the mo. Really not intended to start any bitching - sorry! x

EDIT: First sentence in Dave's post below says exactly what i failed at saying myself.

Edited by Skoze

To be honest I think the Abingdon ride should only ever be organised with the support and backing of Sue, Charlie and Sam. Of course that is not to say that DJ will ever be forgotten without the ride but simply that it is their call and if they don't believe it is achieving what they originally set out to then they should be able to call an end to it.

I imagine there will be a Portsmouth memorial ride for many years to come and I can see that as the natural continuation for a 'rider organised' gathering.