Free Wheel Skipping?

How old is it?

Have you serviced it?

does anyone you else ride with have the same freewheel?

do they both sound the same?

if you turn in slowly and listen closely can you hear pawls engaging seperatley or all at once?

have you been riding in the wet/muck alot recently?

Its the free wheel that comes with the t-pros ive not sevriced it. How do u do it??

Yeah, it will be a Tensile 60 click. First you need to get your crank arm off of your Bottom Bracket Axle. Best way to do this is to use a Crank Extractor like this. If you don't have acess to one you can use a big hammer but the disadvantage is that it will put marks in your cranks.

To open up your freewheel to service it you will need:

A Vice (Or something you can clamp the crank firmly down with)

A hammer

A centre punch (A flathead screwdriver does the trick too)

And I find it easier if you have some mole grips or pliers to hold onto the centre punch (Or flathead) with.

Something to clean everything out with (I use White spirit)

Some cloths/ napkins to dry everything

And a light oil for putting everything back together with. ( I use Wd-40)

So, clamp your crank into the vice tightly. You need to take off the lockring. Which you can see in this pictureTensile60mod.jpg

To do this, get your centre punch (Or flathead) and place in one of the two holes. (circled in blue) . Tighten your mole grips or pliers onto the flathead and hammer then end round till it comes off.

Now, Tensiles are a right hand thread so you will have to hammer it round anti-clockwise to get it off.

Once the lockring is off take it off and place it aside, then take the outer bearing out of the ratchet, take the ratchet off, and the shims, and take out all the springs/ pawls and the inner bearing.

Pour a bit of white spirit into a cup or something and put the pawls and springs in. Carefully just clean them with a toothbrush or something and dry them. Clean the bearings, the ratchet and dry. Check all the parts for wear and see if they still look ok.

You could stretch the springs if you want to just a tad to make it a bit louder. But you don't need to. Put everything back on the same way it came off and spray some WD-40 in it, tighten the lockring with the flathead again and make sure it's tight and stick your crank back on your bike.

Doing all that should solve the problem. If not, there will be something wrong with it. I.e Pawls/ springs needing replaced.

Good luck.

Hope I helped.

Yeah, it will be a Tensile 60 click. First you need to get your crank arm off of your Bottom Bracket Axle. Best way to do this is to use a Crank Extractor like this. If you don't have acess to one you can use a big hammer but the disadvantage is that it will put marks in your cranks.

To open up your freewheel to service it you will need:

A Vice (Or something you can clamp the crank firmly down with)

A hammer

A centre punch (A flathead screwdriver does the trick too)

And I find it easier if you have some mole grips or pliers to hold onto the centre punch (Or flathead) with.

Something to clean everything out with (I use White spirit)

Some cloths/ napkins to dry everything

And a light oil for putting everything back together with. ( I use Wd-40)

So, clamp your crank into the vice tightly. You need to take off the lockring. Which you can see in this pictureTensile60mod.jpg

To do this, get your centre punch (Or flathead) and place in one of the two holes. (circled in blue) . Tighten your mole grips or pliers onto the flathead and hammer then end round till it comes off.

Now, Tensiles are a right hand thread so you will have to hammer it round anti-clockwise to get it off.

Once the lockring is off take it off and place it aside, then take the outer bearing out of the ratchet, take the ratchet off, and the shims, and take out all the springs/ pawls and the inner bearing.

Pour a bit of white spirit into a cup or something and put the pawls and springs in. Carefully just clean them with a toothbrush or something and dry them. Clean the bearings, the ratchet and dry. Check all the parts for wear and see if they still look ok.

You could stretch the springs if you want to just a tad to make it a bit louder. But you don't need to. Put everything back on the same way it came off and spray some WD-40 in it, tighten the lockring with the flathead again and make sure it's tight and stick your crank back on your bike.

Doing all that should solve the problem. If not, there will be something wrong with it. I.e Pawls/ springs needing replaced.

Good luck.

Hope I helped.

jesus, just listen to this.

Validation vote for you !

Edited by Mr Bob