Mod Crank Size.

Borat

Easy guys, I have a little query. One or two of my locals on their mods run 170mm cranks, but I run 160. I am getting new cranks and bb for chrimbo and need to know, what would be better. Because I kinda know the physics behind it. Longer cranks, more leverage. But with shorter cranks, if you have the power, you could (gap) further or whatever.

Would someone please englighten me on crank sizes? xx

Because I kinda know the physics behind it. Longer cranks, more leverage. But with shorter cranks, if you have the power, you could (gap) further or whatever.

A lot of people seem to have 18:13 with shorter crank arms, because the shorter cranks make it feel harder to pedal. If you run longer cranks and put on a 12t sprocket, you get that feel of 18:13, but with the power of 18:12. It just makes that 18:12 power more accessible with longer cranks, makes gapping noticeably easier. Ads was pretty skeptical at first, but I talked him into running his 175's and he's well keen on it. Fully worth a go. If you don't get on with it, you can sell the cranks on to stock riders ;)