oh my god! New Discovery! :d

willdudeXD

With regards to tar, I've never understood how you can just go 'dig it out of a road'. When i used tar i found a good load of it in the middle of the slabs that made up the sea wall. The tar in roads is combined with a bunch of rocks and shit so it isn't any good.

When you do get hold of some tar it has the same consistency as really old chewing gum that's been stuck under a table for a week. Hard, but you can dog your fingernail into it.

The best way i found to apply tar is a dozen little lines in the same direction as the spokes (pointing towards the hub) this way you get a even spread when you drag your brake. Always put a little on and add more, you can't remove tar from rims easily so don't put too much on. And put even less on in hot weather.

Don't spin your wheel and hold the tar against it, or colour your rim 100% black with it. You end up with waaaay to much on.

(Y)

Don't spin your wheel and hold the tar against it, or colour your rim 100% black with it. You end up with waaaay to much on.

(Y)

No, not really, I apply tar spinning my wheel and maintaining the tar against it. IF tar is hard, it just mark a long line over the rim.

Lol i was looking for a puncture repair kid and i found this wax that you put on drums ticks to make them grip bettter

so i thought..might aswell try it on my rims!

Lol and it worked!

it was this

Mr.zoggs sex wax!

works pretty good, and i only put a tiny bit on as a test

LOL..Mr zogs sex wax for all your rimming needs :$ sorry i had to say it.

this stuff in the wet is horrid my mate used it on his drum sticks and spilt water on to them the stuff went all white and slippy. it also drys like hair wax after a few hours which i think would cause nightmares with the rim and pads

get some felt like you get on shed roofs a patch like 5 inches square and hold it in some mole grips or whatever and set it alight. off drips pure bitumen (tar) and let it cool down for a while and hey presto. ive got rolls and rolls of the stuff, so basically i aint running out anytime soon. ha. and yeah, dont put too much on.

No, not really, I apply tar spinning my wheel and maintaining the tar against it. IF tar is hard, it just mark a long line over the rim.

Yeah that's exactly what you don't want.

LOL..Mr zogs sex wax for all your rimming needs :$ sorry i had to say it.

this stuff in the wet is horrid my mate used it on his drum sticks and spilt water on to them the stuff went all white and slippy. it also drys like hair wax after a few hours which i think would cause nightmares with the rim and pads

Lol yah i put tar on today!! therre wss some building work at school on the road( replacing a cable) and i stole some tar that was on this pipe and put it on my irms, works really good!!

btw for people who are like clueless hoew to get it or put it on just like scoop it up with like a penny or something( or if its hard melt it with a lighter) then put a bit in your finger ONLY A BIT! and rub it around so the rim is brown and it doesn't matter if its a bit patchy cuz the brake pads even it out pretty much

Lol yah i put tar on today!! therre wss some building work at school on the road( replacing a cable) and i stole some tar that was on this pipe and put it on my irms, works really good!!

btw for people who are like clueless hoew to get it or put it on just like scoop it up with like a penny or something( or if its hard melt it with a lighter) then put a bit in your finger ONLY A BIT! and rub it around so the rim is brown and it doesn't matter if its a bit patchy cuz the brake pads even it out pretty much

Eh... No. Don't do that...

Do what JT said!

EDIT:

This..

The best way i found to apply tar is a dozen little lines in the same direction as the spokes (pointing towards the hub) this way you get a even spread when you drag your brake. Always put a little on and add more, you can't remove tar from rims easily so don't put too much on. And put even less on in hot weather.

(Y)

And don't melt it to put it on.

Just draw it on when the tar is solid.

Edited by duncan_echo26

Lol well, i used like new tar that hadnt set yet, soo i didnt rreally met it on and it worked really well, so.. yeah hha

Well I'm not going to complain. It's you who's brake is going to stick just before a drop or gap and make you land on your face. :)

Seriously what JT said is the best way to do it. Also, does it not make a bit of a mess melting it and putting it on your finger and that?

Well I'm not going to complain. It's you who's brake is going to stick just before a drop or gap and make you land on your face. :)

Seriously what JT said is the best way to do it. Also, does it not make a bit of a mess melting it and putting it on your finger and that?

Lol well 1its not sticky, i only put a lil bit on and i let it dry before riding, also you can just wash it off your finger when your done