Does Anyone Out There Ride By Themself? :(

ChrisMeadows

Hello I tend to ride with my friends as I find it easier as they encourage me to do tricks. And dont worry about riding alone lots of people ride alone.

Thats more like it Lewis mate, just take the picture out of your signiture as it is against the rules.

You have a vote from me. (Y)

i always ride by myself, two of my friends live really close and both have trials bikes but i ride by myself cause i dnt wanna drag them about with me :L i usually do wat i wana do and cycle about everywhere trying watever walls ect tht i can.

and ino wat u mean about the whole Xbox thing its scary its lyk a virus same with ps3 i have no consoles, not my thang :L

I spend most of my time riding alone.There a 2hr drive to next closest rider,we get together for a ride every 2 weeks so its not to bad.

i find riding by yourself if your keen,you learn thing quicker and get more things dialed.The main reason i see is because your out to ride and not talking crap with your mates,so you focus alot more on the riding and it makes you better.

Yh i know and sometimes if your with a bunch of people you can sometimes be considered as unusual because you don't sit there playing xbox for days on end.

But back on topic i just got a trials bike so im hoping at least one of my mates are gonna get one otherwise i will have to ride on my own or with my mates on like bmxs.

Well, I live neer lee quarry but when I do take my trials bike up there theres never anybody riding. When I go up on my hardtail mtb theres usualy one or two trials riders there. how irronic.

Most of the time i ride alone but I have friends who enjoy the freeride scene, jumps, downhill ect... Not many friends in trials however.

I wish i had more friends in the sport to push me more and that kinda stuff but I dont let that effect my riding I still ride everyday if I can, but as somebody said you cant really judge your progression if you ride alone all the time I also find it hard to learn stuff off videos, I prefer a more hands on approach.

The only problem with riding by yourself is if you really hurt yourself. Not trials, but my mate skateboards and he broke his leg, he was led there for an hour until someone walked past him. But i have since forced him to buy a trials bike which he loves so im good now :D

don't feel to bad i live in rural Wisconsin where people have know idea about trial bikes so i have not one single person to ride with actually never seen a trial bike in real life except for mine, never even seen someone ride one, over the internet is how i get my sources...

Same here, im in northern indiana, ive only rode with other riders a whole 6 times the whole year and a half ive rode trials =)

When i Ride its always with mates its so much more satisfying being helped and every one showing each other lines and messing about! :) Well i preffer it :) most of my mates bmxers well i am too getting into trials but my teacher its a trials rider (Y)

I mostly ride with mates, but always practise on my own a little as its good for the mental factor.

Your always alot more scared when your on your own even when doing things you no you can do, and with me the fear factor is one of my biggest obsticles in trials.

Im not saying you should push yourself to scare you but people do struggle with things they can do easily just because they are scared !

Sam :D

I ride with BMXers most of the time because I'm the only trials rider in the town, I don't mind it though I have time to do stuff and learn alot by my slef. Some times I do wish I had 1 or 2 trials riders around but I often go to rides with a few people.

• 4 weeks later...
hello there dont feel like your alone im right there with you.not many people ride in my town so 90percent of the time im alone.

Same for me, I have seen people but they dont seem interested in me, guess I still have to improve! Its fine if I have some music playing though. Who knows maybe oneday we will all be riding together? haha!

In some ways riding on your own allows you to get more from your riding. Like you dont have distractions etc. just a thought :P

In some ways riding on your own allows you to get more from your riding. Like you dont have distractions etc. just a thought :P

six of one, half a dozen of the other ;) in terms technical skills...yeh i reckon thats true, i do things repeatedly untill i get it..and probs get 3 or 4 times more time on the bike actually riding than i would if i rode with other people! (still yet to happen)

probably quite likely to develop a more unique style if doing alot of solo riding?!

on the downside, theres no encouragement or drive from others to go bigger...try things you may not otherwise, see new lines, learn new tricks etc...im sure theres a happy medium

six of one, half a dozen of the other ;) in terms technical skills...yeh i reckon thats true, i do things repeatedly untill i get it..and probs get 3 or 4 times more time on the bike actually riding than i would if i rode with other people! (still yet to happen)

probably quite likely to develop a more unique style if doing alot of solo riding?!

on the downside, theres no encouragement or drive from others to go bigger...try things you may not otherwise, see new lines, learn new tricks etc...im sure theres a happy medium

Yeah I agree, Im much braver when Im with others, I get shit scared up high on my own haha!

I usually ride by myself outside my house or on my trials park in my garden :)

I used to ride at the park behind my house which had good rocks but people keep getting robbed at gunpoint over there soo i like me and my bike alive :D

I sometimes go to brum with the lads and adam and its all good

riding with funny people is the way forward (Y)