Sidehops

marcus heath

to do sidehops is it better to have the front pedal next to the wall or on the other side .and if u have it on the other side will ur sidehops be bigger .

Your front foot should be on the opposite side of the bike to the wall ideally.. (e.g. Wall to your left - Bike - Right Foot Forward)

They will be bigger in the sense that you'll have more pedal clearance when doing them and also should you fail you can use your back foot to hold you position and probably wont fall off.

It`s how you feel best , but most people including my self do the sidehop with the front pedal away from the wall because i can lean more to the wall. I am with the left fot forward so my right foot will be next to the wall and i turn the handlebars very little to the right.

I have tried the other way around , with my left foot next to the wall and i don`t feel confortable at all.

You have to practice and then choose how you want to advance , but start small so u don`t bash your derailleur/disk/frame.

Good luck.

It`s how you feel best , but most people including my self do the sidehop with the front pedal away from the wall because i can lean more to the wall. I am with the left fot forward so my right foot will be next to the wall and i turn the handlebars very little to the right.

I have tried the other way around , with my left foot next to the wall and i don`t feel confortable at all.

You have to practice and then choose how you want to advance , but start small so u don`t bash your derailleur/disk/frame.

Good luck.

thanks

but the thing is im starting to better at side hops with my front foot next to the wall and thats the side i can sidehop better to the side cuz i ve tried with my other foot before and i cant jump that side at all so do u think i shud just stay how i am of try the other way round??

thanks

but the thing is im starting to better at side hops with my front foot next to the wall and thats the side i can sidehop better to the side cuz i ve tried with my other foot before and i cant jump that side at all so do u think i shud just stay how i am of try the other way round??

Keep progressing as your comfortable, you can always try doing it a different way in the future once your comfortable with the technique.

Well to be honest with you mate you're meant to side hop with your pedal kicking foot away form the wall, the reason why is because you could potentialy hit crank or smash your pedal against a wall, pallet, bank, anything really. They do say if you side hop with your pedal kicking foot away from the wall you do get alot more power, but im the opposite for side hopping but I do find that i get alot more power but really I should do it the right way.

Hope I have helped

Tom

:)

good riders hop both directions :shifty: preference is totally random, theres no one right way of doing it; theres what works best for you, i'm not a fan of sidehopping at all, but when i do i'm more comfortable going to the left, and i'm left foot forward. although i used to go to the right :S very odd

good riders hop both directions :shifty: preference is totally random, theres no one right way of doing it; theres what works best for you, i'm not a fan of sidehopping at all, but when i do i'm more comfortable going to the left, and i'm left foot forward. although i used to go to the right :S very odd

ok thanks

but im just wondering if i continue doing side with i front foot next to the wall my side wont get any better and i think it would be complicated to start from the begining but doing it the opposite side .