Frame Protection

Happydaze

Being an inexperienced rider I have a slight problem battering my frame, I ride a mod with a bash guard, trouble is as I get more confident I go for bigger ups, Walls usually, but find I miss the bash guard and go clattering into the wall on the lower part of the frame, I'm sure you have all done it, Is there anything available to protect this part of the frame apart from me, not trying things outside of my comfort zone, but if I see something and fancy it Ill give it a go. What are you all using or is it an acceptable practice to smash your frame into next week?

hey,I use a a bit of carbon fibre on my down tube,very hard to get hold off,but does fab job.

Or you could use an Armourdillo,i have two don't ask why.

But here is something that is better than all,and is cheap,if you go to a boat yard shop,they sell loads of this piping they use on the boats,just cut it throw,guite thick stuff,no chance in hell of dents or anything.cherrs jake.

Edited by jake#Aurem3

It depends, are you trying to protect from dents, or scratches? If just scratches, the coke can advice sounds great. If dents, maybe you could try putting an old punctured innertube under the coke cans, making a dual-layer armor of sorts.

It depends, are you trying to protect from dents, or scratches? If just scratches, the coke can advice sounds great. If dents, maybe you could try putting an old punctured innertube under the coke cans, making a dual-layer armor of sorts.

Coke cans and a bit of inertube is not going to stop dents,trust me,I ride comps,and all the Elite riders use pritty much what I said in the above.

like jake said a bit of pipe is best , i know a rider who has a good set up .. cut the pipe in half , then cut slots in it for the cable ties , as when you land a cable tie on a wall it will snap, then put bathroom silicon in the pipe to help absorb the shock a bit more

Edited by *Koxx hydroxx 2 Jack *

like jake said a bit of pipe is best , i know a rider who has a good set up .. cut the pipe in half , then cut slots in it for the cable ties , as when you land a cable tie on a wall it will snap, then put bathroom silicon in the pipe to help absorb the shock a bit more

Toby ?

this works really good.

or get some clear plastic hose and cut down the middle.then wrap it around ur down tube and use cable ties to hold in place.

Being an inexperienced rider I have a slight problem battering my frame, I ride a mod with a bash guard, trouble is as I get more confident I go for bigger ups, Walls usually, but find I miss the bash guard and go clattering into the wall on the lower part of the frame, I'm sure you have all done it, Is there anything available to protect this part of the frame apart from me, not trying things outside of my comfort zone, but if I see something and fancy it Ill give it a go. What are you all using or is it an acceptable practice to smash your frame into next week?

Look at my post here: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....t&p=2054680

There described one additional type of frame protection.