Which 24" Rim?

TrialsMan Dan

Im looking to get a 24" rear wheel built using a Pro2 trials rear hub but i am not sure what rim to go for. I mainly ride street and i will admit i am not the smoothest of riders! :P I have whittled my choice down to either the Sunrims Rhyno Lite or Alexrims DX32 (are they still being made in 24"). I may want to use a light grind when i change my pads. Anyone used either rim and what are advantages/disadvantages of both?

Any help apprecaited.

Dan

Trialtech, they look so sweet in white or black, drilled or undrilled. 32hole only

I had rhynolites and they're a great rim. I was running dual Rhynolites, and still have the one on the front. Problem is, they're not very wide. The DX32 is nice, and the standard, but it's a bit piggy.

My rim? I have an Odyssey Hazzard Lite 24". Wide, LIGHT, and LOADS LOADS stiffer than both. Nice hard AL, so it holds a grind a good amount of time. Has a tall sidewall, ALMOST 3 times the width of a Vbrake pad, so technically, you can grind ONCE and use it three times before having to regrind. And it being a BMX rim, it's sidewalls are also thicker than most, as it's designed to hold high psi tires. Which = more grinds. I don't think I'll ever be riding anything else as it's that good.

Edited by rupintart

im using the halo combat rims.i found them to be between the rhyno lites and dx32 for weight.the are fantastic.hold a grind well.

did i mention there fantastic.ive cased so big things and there straight,dent free.can get in 32 or 36.there alsi a nice width,36mm i think.

check them out

My rim? I have an Odyssey Hazzard Lite 24". Wide, LIGHT, and LOADS LOADS stiffer than both. Nice hard AL, so it holds a grind a good amount of time. Has a tall sidewall, ALMOST 3 times the width of a Vbrake pad, so technically, you can grind ONCE and use it three times before having to regrind. And it being a BMX rim, it's sidewalls are also thicker than most, as it's designed to hold high psi tires. Which = more grinds. I don't think I'll ever be riding anything else as it's that good.

Sounds really good, so what is the weight like compared to a Rhyno Lite and what sort of price are we talking? Anywhere in the UK that stocks them? BMX rim should be able to withstand a fair punishing lol. B)