Echo Tr Rim Brake - Where Abouts Does It Leak?

Ollied

is it possible too take the oil out of the brake.. store it somewhere, then bleed it with water, see if it does leak. if it doesnt leave it in then if not put the oil back in.. or is this also known as being a moron..?

Edited by Ollied

Not sure if this is much help but my first normal echo CNC rim brake leaked from the seals in the callipers, when I'd take the pads out there would be oil on the back of them, I sent it back to tarty after about 2 months and they replaced both the callipers under warranty and re-bled it, never leaked after that.

would it not contaminate it, or lose compression or anything silly like that,..,

Asked this question the other day but about echo cnc , but might be some helpfull feed back i there for you on the tr lever to mull over :)

sorry forgot LINKY http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=146135

Edited by scotty007

is it possible too take the oil out of the brake.. store it somewhere, then bleed it with water, see if it does leak. if it doesnt leave it in then if not put the oil back in.. or is this also known as being a moron..?

Yeah but ud need to put exactly the same amount of oil back into the brake else it wouldnt be a good bleed lol.

They leak either from the slave or master cylinder. That's probably not too helpful...

The more recent brakes are a massive improvement comparing to the first ones. In fact the recent ones have a clean history in my books with the first batch failing at around 30%.

But then again if you want to run water, what's wrong with a Magura in the first place? Personally I'd never use anything different.

Thanks for all your replies! When i first recieved the brake it felt lovely, but after a few rides the tpa has to be screwed in more and more each time, it can't be a leak though because its too little of a loss of oil. Well I think I might try water bleed it tommorow and if not go to hellfrauds and buy a pot of mineral oil and give it a decent bleed as the factory bleed is utter shit.