Am I To Big For A Mod.

Luke.P

Hello all, i am 6ft 2 and half and i ride a echo lite mod. I have only been riding 2months but i am unsure if i am to big for a mod, would i progress more on a stock any opinions?

My video

Thats me on my mod if you would like to see. ^^

And just wonderd, What are the differences asin Gaps, Sidehops etc i am guessing you can sidehop alot bigger on a mod?

cheers

luke

Stock. If you want an 07 control, harmertrials has one for sale for cheap.

Well, his is actually an 06.

Do you think id improve more because i am taller? i have noticed when i had a little ride today since the snow has cleared i have got alot better on the mod can do 6pallets and wheelswap 6pallets which i think it really wierd considering not riding for a while because of the weather. Stock bike look really nice, just wondering with me being so new to trials would i still be able to keep improving at the rate i am at the minute but on a bigger bike lol ? hard question but thanks for you help :D If i did go stock id want to swap my bike aswell as some cash if needed.

Thanks for you help

You live in Nottingham? Come out one day when some of the lboro lads are down, and you can try a stock and see.

Do you have a car? There's a lboro or bunny ride tomorrow, so you could even go to that.

Ollerton just outside of mansfield. Nope dont have a car :/ aint passed my test yet.

Mansfield, eh?

Send a PM to Mikey C and padarik. Paddy has a stock GU, or at least he did when I saw him last. Mikey might even have a stock, he was talking about building one.

Hurry up and pass your test.

Haha yea i will do :D and i talk to mikey all time, i think he is keeping that stock for himself. He is the only trials rider i know and have ridden with, So i need to pass to go on some rides and learn. I would love to have a gu stock they look nice :)

Ride his stock! You don't have to buy it from him, ride it, see if you're better on it. See if he'll let you take it out for the day, that way you can get used to it enough to see properly. Anyway, if you like it, buy one.

Thanks for your help.

I think your fine, Im 6ft 2 and i've just bought a bigger/higher stem and it feels fine. Also your pretty good for about 2 months! I think all you need is better control on the back wheel then you'll be fine. But honestly you look fine and I would stick with mod for longer IMO.

Edit: I could see quite what stem you had but I use this one and its fine for someone my height

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=29

Also look at Martin Grainger he is pretty tall and pretty good!

Edited by LukasMcNeal

There's nothing stopping a tall rider from riding a mod, but obviously they won't feel cramped on a mod, they'll feel fine. If our dude here is feeling cramped, then it means he could do with a stock.

Yea i am sure you could force yourself to ride a mod if you was really tall, but i want more room and stock seems to look good at the moment. So i think i am going to go stock or a modstock.

Thanks for your help :D

If you can't find a swap deal, if you go for a modstock frame you can use your current cranks, freewheel and hubs, and brakes. Probably bars too, pedals...

Hopefully i am swapping for an adamant a1 :) Do you rate them at all? i know neil T had one and also has damon W rode one of these in the trialtech vid ? not sure<<

Thanks

Luke.

Edited by Luke.P