I Just Got To London And Want To Ride!

mikeyr89

So I just got here from the US (I'm studying here for the semester) and I built up my bike last night. I can't believe my bike made it! I'm in London, in Clerkenwell and have never been to the UK before, so I have no idea where to go or ride or whatever. Anyways, I hope this is okay to post in this thread. I'm going to take my bike out today, and saw that I missed a posted London ride at 11, at the slanted wall, but I have no idea where that is? Also, can you take your bike on the tube? Thanks for all the help! I hope to meet some people and ride soon. I'm free all week and hope to check the forums frequently. Thanks again,

-Mikey

I live in London and work in Clerkenwell so i'd be up for a ride. You can't take your bike on the tube. They only allow bromptons and to be honest you would never want to have your bike on the tube. Also you've got a bike......so you know. I ride around the City no problem on my trials bike so getting from spot to spot is no issue. You can take your bike on the overground though if that helps. Where are you staying? Actually in Clerkenwell? If so you're pretty darn central and don't need a tube to get anywhere!

Let me know if you want to go for a spin sometime?

So I just got here from the US (I'm studying here for the semester) and I built up my bike last night. I can't believe my bike made it! I'm in London, in Clerkenwell and have never been to the UK before, so I have no idea where to go or ride or whatever. Anyways, I hope this is okay to post in this thread. I'm going to take my bike out today, and saw that I missed a posted London ride at 11, at the slanted wall, but I have no idea where that is? Also, can you take your bike on the tube? Thanks for all the help! I hope to meet some people and ride soon. I'm free all week and hope to check the forums frequently. Thanks again,

-Mikey

Safe bro, we met on sunday, give me a shout if you wanna ride again sometime soon :) grab me on facebook

"Joel Bennett"

I live in London and work in Clerkenwell so i'd be up for a ride. You can't take your bike on the tube. They only allow bromptons and to be honest you would never want to have your bike on the tube. Also you've got a bike......so you know.

I had to take my BMX on the tube from time to time, generally when I couldn't be bothered riding from Southbank to Bay66, or to Meanwhile 2 (Royal Oak kinda way), or to Rom. You're allowed it on the District, Circle, Hammersmith & City, and a few others - there's info on tfl.gov.uk. You're only allowed on at non-peak times, so NOT between 9am-12pm and 4pm-7pm, or something along those lines. The morning rush hour one might be a different time, but the evening one's right.

I had to take my BMX on the tube from time to time, generally when I couldn't be bothered riding from Southbank to Bay66, or to Meanwhile 2 (Royal Oak kinda way), or to Rom. You're allowed it on the District, Circle, Hammersmith & City, and a few others - there's info on tfl.gov.uk. You're only allowed on at non-peak times, so NOT between 9am-12pm and 4pm-7pm, or something along those lines. The morning rush hour one might be a different time, but the evening one's right.

come back baby :(

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/bicycle-tube-map.pdf

Theres a map of where you can take your bike. I had heard it was only trains with lift access, restricted times blah blah. I'm glad i know this now, although i feel a copy of it with you when you go to the tube will help as i'm sure someone will get upset. I might have to start exploring some new areas now.

Yeah, the lines you can take it on are easy off-peak, i had no trouble when i brought my Twenty back from Bristol, was only a bit of a b*****d battling through seas of inconsiderate mongs. Easy enough though.

I think mum's finally out of "family days" she can drag me into with no prior warning, so i should be good ti ride whenever (Y)

And by ride i mean sit around, take pictures and eat.

Yeah, the lines you can take it on are easy off-peak, i had no trouble when i brought my Twenty back from Bristol, was only a bit of a b*****d battling through seas of inconsiderate mongs. Easy enough though.

I think mum's finally out of "family days" she can drag me into with no prior warning, so i should be good ti ride whenever (Y)

Spoken like a true southender!

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/bicycle-tube-map.pdf

Theres a map of where you can take your bike. I had heard it was only trains with lift access, restricted times blah blah. I'm glad i know this now, although i feel a copy of it with you when you go to the tube will help as i'm sure someone will get upset. I might have to start exploring some new areas now.

It's stations that have step access. If it's just an escalator, you're not allowed to take your bike. All the TfL mateys who've been on the gates when I've been there have just asked where I was going, then said where I was/wasn't allowed to go.

Yeah, that's the only downside - people are f**king stupid. Same on 'real' trains too though.