The Time Has Come To Learn How Too Frenchie Properly.

Hessy

Hi, so I have been trying to frenchie now for a good six months and the time has come for me to ask for some advice.

Do I need to be at an angle to the wall?

When I am frenching at the moment my front wheel lands about a foot onto the object, where abouts should my front wheel be?

Where abouts does my body need to be on my bike, do I need to be leaning forwards, backwards or tucking? (It's a 20" if it makes any diffrence)

When I am trying to move my backwheel onto the object I am not getting it high enough and it just crashes into the side. How do I get my backwheel higher?

Last of all, do I use the front brake and when?

Any advice welcome.

Hessy

Easiest to learn on sloped edges, to get the feeling right. I usually bang the front wheel into the top just off the corner of the wall. Learning on sloped rocks makes it easier.

It doesn't need to hit hard at all, its more about timing and a knack than anything.

Can you sidehop? Yes, I can.

Can you do normal up to fronts?(sidehop to front wheel WITH brake+wheelswap) Yes, I can.

What angle are you going from when you try it? I usually trying going straight at the wall or with a slight angle to my back foot.

Thank you for the other advice.

Hessy

What i do is setup like im going for a sidehop. No front brake. when you go for it you put your front wheel on the top of the wall and quickly flick the front wheel back off the wall so then the back wheel flicks onto the wall... Its very difficult but very fun to do. When you land one for the first time they feel so swish!