Alloy M6 Bolts In V Bosses

LEON

I know they're bad for high stress areas, are m6 alloy bolts suitable hold a v or a magura to v brake bosses? I'm not sure how much of a stress area it is.

I have some left over and I'll use them if they're safe but I wanna know how safe I am, i go big, I weigh alot, and i have snatchy, tar influenced brakes. Ta.

Leon

They're pretty flush yea, the xtr v is probably 1 or 1.5mm infront of the boss at most, magura on the rear is about the same.

In that case they'll probably only have to stand up to the reactional force of the brake which will be axial to the bolt anyway. I'd give it a go, if it breaks, you still have another brake on the back/front ;)

Yea I'd never use them on bar/stem/crank stuff, I'm undecided on brake bolts but they look so good!

I had an alloy bolt acting as a magura bleed screw. The head came off it, so the shaft(?) was stuck in the slave. And that was a bolt I hardly ever touched. I've never trust them again.

Edited by Ben John-Hynes

I had an alloy bolt acting as a magura bleed screw. The head came off it, so the shaft(?) was stuck in the slave. And that was a bolt I hardly ever touched. I've never trust them again.

Actually I did that once too (the m6 one filling the syringe hole?) was ok for me, suppose some bolts are better than others.