Stanage Edge/hathersage This Weekend 6th/7th

Duncy H

I LOVE stanage! Shame I'm in Germany this weekend!

The hidden away bit sounds good - Ive been kicked of Stanage, Burbage, Surprise View and Higgar Tor more times than I can remember!

You'll have to show me where it is one day (Y)

Have fun anyway :)

ahh (N) shame you cant come man,

The hidden away bit is extremly good, will show you sometime. There is some huge stuff to be done there aswell.

Yeah - why can't you go riding when I'm not busy eh?

I'm away next weekend as well. Need to get some riding in sometime soon, it's the first round of the Tykes on the 21st! Fancy a little ridey somewhere on the 20th maybe?

How does the bridle path compare to the rest of Stanage? The top bit is unreal, it goes on for miles!

Yeah - why can't you go riding when I'm not busy eh?

I'm away next weekend as well. Need to get some riding in sometime soon, it's the first round of the Tykes on the 21st! Fancy a little ridey somewhere on the 20th maybe?

How does the bridle path compare to the rest of Stanage? The top bit is unreal, it goes on for miles!

Aha a week after next we will have to get a ride in as we have a week off so i'd be up for going anywhere.

I am deffinately up for riding the tyke trial :) 20th could be good :)

We've only ever been once in the summer time last year and have only really looked at one bit. If we keep going along the top either way will we find good spots? Where abouts should we be looking?

There's plenty of rocks wherever you go really, Stanage, Burbage and Higgar Tor are all really close to each other and Surprise View is a bit closer to Sheffield. The thing is, I've never been able to work out when's the best time to go to avoid the rangers - Every time bar a couple I've been kicked off and had my (made up) name taken by this one particular ranger.

I guess it's just luck, but I'd like to know the secret!! That's why I'm so keen to know about this bridle path bit :)

If you fancy riding the Tykes, get you entry forms sent off and I can give a couple of you a lift up on the 21st (Y)

There's plenty of rocks wherever you go really, Stanage, Burbage and Higgar Tor are all really close to each other and Surprise View is a bit closer to Sheffield. The thing is, I've never been able to work out when's the best time to go to avoid the rangers - Every time bar a couple I've been kicked off and had my (made up) name taken by this one particular ranger.

I guess it's just luck, but I'd like to know the secret!! That's why I'm so keen to know about this bridle path bit :)

If you fancy riding the Tykes, get you entry forms sent off and I can give a couple of you a lift up on the 21st (Y)

The place we went was below the edge and under some trees, just out of the way of the path. I think we will just try and have a great big look around.

Where can I get the forms? I have no idea what route to ride :/ Thanks a lot for the offer of a lift but I think my dad is really interested in going to this.