Onza Ice Proto 1050Wb

craiggy1984

Love those frames :) But can't help thinking, if it feels so good on the back wheel, why the stem change?

Yeah i love these frames too, always wanted one since they brought them out, this ones longer than the normal ones i think, correct me if im wrong though haha :)

Erm........ someone told me that the stem im using is not a mod one :S and that it is for a stock bike with a hi bb rise, so decided im going to buy a new one that i know for sure is for a mod bike

Yeah i love these frames too, always wanted one since they brought them out, this ones longer than the normal ones i think, correct me if im wrong though haha :)

Erm........ someone told me that the stem im using is not a mod one :S and that it is for a stock bike with a hi bb rise, so decided im going to buy a new one that i know for sure is for a mod bike

It's not compulsory to have all mod parts, especially if the parts you have on right now feel just right and fit. ;)

It's not compulsory to have all mod parts, especially if the parts you have on right now feel just right and fit. ;)

Haha this is true, although saying that, when i had a go on it in milton keynes, it had different stem on it, it was a shorter one, werent too sure of the rise though, so thinkin perhaps maybe this echo stem is possibly too long, i dont know tbf as i have only rode it once, it felt ok, jus need to try it, get used to it etc and then go from there, also i jus kinda like the try all stem, think the grey colour of the stem will suit the bike, kinda liking try all's new 3d mod stem.

I like the frame, thats about it.

Thanks, so you dont like my 09 forks, and fresh new trialtech bars then? :P

Any ideas on things that will make it look better mate? different colour components etc?

Haha this is true, although saying that, when i had a go on it in milton keynes, it had different stem on it, it was a shorter one, werent too sure of the rise though, so thinkin perhaps maybe this echo stem is possibly too long, i dont know tbf as i have only rode it once, it felt ok, jus need to try it, get used to it etc and then go from there, also i jus kinda like the try all stem, think the grey colour of the stem will suit the bike, kinda liking try all's new 3d mod stem.

Well I have a 3D stem sitting in my shed not doing a thing. Been on the bike once. Exactly the same as it was when I got it from Tarty's. PM me your email if you're interested.

Thanks, so you dont like my 09 forks, and fresh new trialtech bars then? :P

Any ideas on things that will make it look better mate? different colour components etc?

No not really.

As for colour suggestions, either get matching fluro rims, to go with the brake, or black rims, black brake.

:o That's my old frame!

I sold it to your mate!

:)

Did you sell it to tristan then? i bought of his mate kyle , but through tristan, kyles got a brand new because 20" frame now.

No not really.

As for colour suggestions, either get matching fluro rims, to go with the brake, or black rims, black brake.

Lol fair enough mate, each one to their own :P ...... Yep, going to get fluoro green rims ready for summer, tbf i don't really like the rims either, especialy the gold one, also wanting to get a front hope mono and buy a new rear maggie, most probably a white one.

ame='charliemod' date='17 February 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1266402150' post='2084208']

Yep, i saw the pics of it on facebook, does look really nice :)

So this ice frame i have now? it is longer than the ice v1 frames they sold and ice2 frames they now sell isnt it?

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure but it was too long for me, that's mainly why I sold it.

Nice bike, not liking the wheel's but that will soon be changed though right. I find it funny that there are more Onza protos out there than Onza's it seems.

Thankyou, yeah you're right, seems like there is a lot of onza pototypes being ridden out there, seen quite a lot of proto limey 2's on here, i quite like the limey 2 if im being honest, there was one on here for sale that came with a fluoro green wheel and a rear mono trial, was very tempted by that you know :o

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure but it was too long for me, that's mainly why I sold it.

It is verrrrrry long lol, theres so much bike to throw up there when i tap for instance, really have to stretch my arms out into a huge extension and tuck my legs up quite a lot so the rear wheel gets on top of things, good practice though i guess, i was riding an echo lite long aswell before i built this up, still may go back to it if i can't adapt to the length of this ice, but if i do become used to the ice then the lite frame will be up for sale.

And yeah, thats Tris, Onzatrip, haha i see he told you that the ice is 2mounts down at the moment? i have done a complete bodge on it for now, so i can ride at the moment, i kind of want to tell members on the forum because i havent heard anyone else say they have done it, but i think they will all take the piss so havent mentioned it yet, i just randomly done it messing about and it worked, works just as good as if the mounts were not theaded too :P

looks quite nice, interesting length...

do you ride MK often?

steve

Heya Steve, if im completely honest, i rode MK once and thought it as boring lol, i saw you that time i rode MK, i was with tristan and kyle outside xscape and we were chatting to you, i was on the dark coloured echo lite, was just coming into evans to buy a helmet, see you got our speedrace all built up, it's looking lush :)

Heya Steve, if im completely honest, i rode MK once and thought it as boring lol, i saw you that time i rode MK, i was with tristan and kyle outside xscape and we were chatting to you, i was on the dark coloured echo lite, was just coming into evans to buy a helmet, see you got our speedrace all built up, it's looking lush :)

fair enough, that if tris showed you all the good spots of mk haha.

yeah thanks its all sorted and i'm loving it.

steve