Help, Magura

Luke.P

RIght basically my lever pulls quite far back and the pads are as close as possible without touching/rubing. Why is this usally when you put the pads that close (on my old bike) the lever pulled to about half way or just above and felt really strong..? What can i do to sort it ?

Thanks luke

RIght basically my lever pulls quite far back and the pads are as close as possible without touching/rubing. Why is this usally when you put the pads that close (on my old bike) the lever pulled to about half way or just above and felt really strong..? What can i do to sort it ?

Thanks luke

Sounds like you have air traped within the system id try a fresh bleed then go from there ....

Thanks luke

The TPA can strip if you have one?

Or there could be air in the system

Dont think the tpa works to be honest, sometimes it does ;) il just try the bleed and see what happens

Thanks for your help

if you can't tell if the TPA is working, it's either stripped or you have air (or a leak) in the system pretty much. I've always found it really obvious wether TPA has been applied or not

try the bathbleed, see if air comes out of anywhere except the bleed holes

if you have a leak on any of your main lines, Shoot me a PM as i've got two full length lines that need freecycling :)

Edited by PeanuckleJive

ahh sweet man, i dont think it works at all just had a little ride n fiddle about..Hopefully a good bleed should sort it

Maybe it just needs a good clean, I recently serviced my whole brake system and it feels SO much better

Take the lever off and have a look at the TPA screw to see if it is indeed stripped, also give the seals on the slave cylinders a clean and lube with gt85 :)