Quick Help

Luke.P

just trying to bleed my brake in the bath and its gone hard the lever is stiff what do i do, its first time i have ever done it lol ?

thanks luke

Try and losen the bolt off that holds the lever blade on just enough so the blade dosent woble around . Cant see it being the piston and seal that sits inside the lever body mine went stiff like yours and with a bit of wd 40 it came unstuck now works perfect

Try and losen the bolt off that holds the lever blade on just enough so the blade dosent woble around . Cant see it being the piston and seal that sits inside the lever body mine went stiff like yours and with a bit of wd 40 it came unstuck now works perfect

hasnt helped it :( it was fine then all of a sudden when stiff ?

hasnt helped it :( it was fine then all of a sudden when stiff ?

maybe it is the piston and seals inside the lever body try srtipping it out and giving it a good clean up run a little oil around the piston and seal and re bleed it bleed with 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze .

maybe it is the piston and seals inside the lever body try srtipping it out and giving it a good clean up run a little oil around the piston and seal and re bleed it bleed with 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze .

/

i have no idea how to do that :/ have i messed my brake up? all i did was undo the screws under water ? and then tried the bleed exactly the same as the revolver video?

/

i have no idea how to do that :/ have i messed my brake up? all i did was undo the screws under water ? and then tried the bleed exactly the same as the revolver video?

i wouldnt say its fecked buy no means so chilll. undo the screw the hold the lever blade on and remove. then undo the grub screw that ajusts the reach of the blade . The tpa system should then unatach from the body its self theres no need to remove the TPA from the actuall blade so leave this on . Inside the lever body you should see the piston gentley try and pull this out the piston spring is located behind this take this out to clean inside the of the body . Check that your seals are fine and all claen then run a little oil around the piston seal to lube up and then refit it . Remember the piston spring first and then the piston itself reattach the TPA and screw the grub screw back into the brass barrel and refit the lever blade srew . give it a couple of pulls to see if it has freed up then rebleed the brake . If you get major stuck you might find a maggie blade diagram on goolge

Doubt il be able to do that, did i do something wrong for it to do that?

Not buy the sounds of it you didnt but trust me its not that hard to do belive in yourself it sounds harder than it looks so go for it , its only 2 things that you have to take off . it will probaly fix your problem too. just take your time lay the parts out on a table as you take it apart and hey presto. its the only way you will learn how to fix problems . Its called trial and error .

Not buy the sounds of it you didnt but trust me its not that hard to do belive in yourself it sounds harder than it looks so go for it , its only 2 things that you have to take off . it will probaly fix your problem too. just take your time lay the parts out on a table as you take it apart and hey presto. its the only way you will learn how to fix problems . Its called trial and error .

ok thanks :) il have a go at it tomoro..What do i need to buy wd 40?

ok thanks :) il have a go at it tomoro..What do i need to buy wd 40?

You shouldnt have to but anything for this fix . Just remember to lube the inside of the cylinder and around the seal. I used a light oil something like hair cliper oil . defo not wd 40. As long as you take your time and remember what goes where you will be fine. Plus you have the option of asking for help on the forum if it goes pete tong. Good luck matey !!!!!

Edited by scotty007

Its the first time you've bled your brake yes? Was it bled with water before or oil? If it was bled with oil you need to thoroughly clean and flush the brake before bleeding it with water. The advice given above is on the right track, but don't put oil inside the lever where the piston sits or it will mix with water when you bleed the brake. Just put a little lube around the piston seal and check it moves freely. The best stuff to use is silicon lube, but nobody on here bothers with that and just uses any old grease/oil/wd40

Its the first time you've bled your brake yes? Was it bled with water before or oil? If it was bled with oil you need to thoroughly clean and flush the brake before bleeding it with water. The advice given above is on the right track, but don't put oil inside the lever where the piston sits or it will mix with water when you bleed the brake. Just put a little lube around the piston seal and check it moves freely. The best stuff to use is silicon lube, but nobody on here bothers with that and just uses any old grease/oil/wd40

I used silicone lube when I rebuilt mine! big up the perfectionists ^^

The lever assembly is dead easy to strip and rebuild, it's pretty much just the lever body, the lever, a spring, and the piston.

if this is your first time bleeding with water, you have to REALLY flush the buggers out. I stripped down my brakes entirely when I made the switch from oil to water. Gave everything a proper clean and lube before sticking it all back together and bleeding.

It's a fair bit of work, but I reckon it's worth it in the end, and by taking them apart you get rid of 99% of the oil in the system, making it quicker to flush when you get to bleeding

Edited by PeanuckleJive

Switched hoses over to another lever and cylinders and tried to bleed once again but nothing is happening what do i do? its not gone like the other lever or anything like that.... how do i get the air out so i can bleed proper ... ? because obvs when changing hoses air got in etc and nothing is happening just dead ... and lever flops down

Helppp please

Edited by Luke.P

Switched hoses over to another lever and cylinders and tried to bleed once again but nothing is happening what do i do? its not gone like the other lever or anything like that.... how do i get the air out so i can bleed proper ... ? because obvs when changing hoses air got in etc and nothing is happening just dead ... and lever flops down

Helppp please

Id say try bleeding it by the syringe method if you cant get on with the bath bleed . I always use the syringe method for my bleeds even though bath bleed is simpler to do . just make sure you have the bleed nipple on the lever at the highest point . If any help i bleed from slave cylinders up to the lever it normally takes me 2 or 3 syringe fulls to get a good bleed.

anyone help?

i dont have a siringe it broke.. what can i do? the lever hasnt gone like the other one, its just nothing if you no what i mean..i think there is no water inside or something what can i do lol

Thanks

anyone help?

i dont have a siringe it broke.. what can i do? the lever hasnt gone like the other one, its just nothing if you no what i mean..i think there is no water inside or something what can i do lol

Thanks

Like i said syringe bleed it any diy shop sell them, as do the mighty tarty order today up and running tomorow if not re try the bath bleed method cant see it having the same out come on your lever body .

just take your time on the bath bleed method if you choice to do it good luck !!!

tried it again, and nothing the lever is just empty and just flops down feels like nohtnig is inside at all... what can i do to make the lever feel like it has something inside its just dead nothing is working :/

also save cylinders are not miving no air is coming out of the bleed hole, nothing is happening :(

tried it again, and nothing the lever is just empty and just flops down feels like nohtnig is inside at all... what can i do to make the lever feel like it has something inside its just dead nothing is working :/

I think if it was me i would check my lines for leaks also the fittings too. Then call tarty for a syringe as they cost pence to buy and will save you a brain hemrage over the stress and then pump 3 or 4 syringe fulls of oil / fluid which ever through the lines and take it from there . Iv never trusted the bath bleed method ..... Sorry revolver but still good work . Give this a go luke and see where you stand after this is done mate

its really doing my head in nothing is happening .. Myt have to invest in siringe then :( i really dont understand why it isnt working..

thanks luke

that helped :/

I would if i were you mate will save a lot off stress . Revolver doesnt say much but his words are like gold ..... SOLID... lol

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, the brakes works pumped it hard n loads of black stuff came out and then reattached hoses and bled and now its awesome :D :D :D even though i have upside down lever on left lol but rather that than just a front brake :)

Thanks for everyones help