What Do Brake Boosters Do?

trials owns

When I personally got a brake booster, I think it was needed, but to be honest I would steer clear of getting one (if you can make do without one) as it can make your brake very annoying to adjust due to the booster limiting the "movability" of the brake.

The bike/brake I used it on we're an Onza T-Pro '07 and a Magura HS33. I found that before the booster I could physically see my frame flexing (apparently can cause cracks e.t.c. so I decided to go with a GU booster. to be honest I think this was over kill as I used to keep clipping my shoe on it and it was way too big (making it even more limiting that other boosters).

In summary, If I was to go back an buy a different booster, I'd go for something much smaller to stop me clipping my foot and make it much nicer to adjust (and also lighter), possibly a 2-bolt booster.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

it can make your brake very annoying to adjust due to the booster limiting the "movability" of the brake.

never ever had this problem :/

If you're using 4 bolt mounts and setting up your brake the easy way (the way tarty shows you) it doesn't make any difference at all