Revell Bikes - Opinions Anyone?

foxinsocks

Was thinking of getting an old Revell steel trials frame (stock 26").

Anyone try those ever? I couldnt find much information to go by

Chainstays are 15 1/2 "

Top tube 21"

weighs in at 2.8KG

Currently have a Jack Flash, so im looking for something way more "trialsy". Can it compare with more "modern" frames like zoo/Onza/echo?

Anyone???

Was thinking of getting an old Revell steel trials frame (stock 26").

Anyone try those ever? I couldnt find much information to go by

Chainstays are 15 1/2 "

Top tube 21"

weighs in at 2.8KG

Currently have a Jack Flash, so im looking for something way more "trialsy". Can it compare with more "modern" frames like zoo/Onza/echo?

Anyone???

Hah, i also have a jack flash.

Revell would deffinatley be old school.

Old school good, or old school bad?

Im looking for a little more "solid" opinion :turned:

The jackflash is nice. Killer frame, but just doesnt feel like a proper trials bike with a short rigid fork. Its too long to be considered an urban/DJ frame, but doent really have the chainstays and feel of a trials frame.

I love it, it does EVERYTHING well... but it isnt a trials frame.

I feel i can progress faster on a proper frame. question is- will the Revell suit my needs?

I know it isnt light, but i got a real bargain on it. im just worried the geometry won't be trials-oriented enough.

Anyone ever ridden one of those?

Old school good, or old school bad?

Im looking for a little more "solid" opinion :turned:

The jackflash is nice. Killer frame, but just doesnt feel like a proper trials bike with a short rigid fork. Its too long to be considered an urban/DJ frame, but doent really have the chainstays and feel of a trials frame.

I love it, it does EVERYTHING well... but it isnt a trials frame.

I feel i can progress faster on a proper frame. question is- will the Revell suit my needs?

I know it isnt light, but i got a real bargain on it. im just worried the geometry won't be trials-oriented enough.

Anyone ever ridden one of those?

I really don't agree with you on the first section, the jack flash makes a perfect DJ and FR bike, i'm in love with mine.

The revell will be good old school although maybe a little heavy, something with a little more modern geometry might be a better place to start though.

Concidered Onza? Or something second hand?

From what i remember, the chainstays were mad long on those so could be a bit of a dog on the back wheel. Depends how new-school you want to get really, if you're looking to get a bit more pure trialsy, look out for a short Zoo Pitbull/ Echo Control or something, still retains some nice flickability but they've got a far more modern geo, so ride proper trials nicely too.

Thanks, i'll keep those opinions in mind.

Rode a pitbull, a raven and a echo control today... brilliant frames, all of them. perhaps thats really the direction i should go toward.

As for the JackFlash - i love mine deeply, i think its a masterpiece of a frame (and i've ridden a few), but its versatility is also its weakness. You could make a DJ bike out of it, but unless you're really tall - its a little on the long side of things.

you could use it for trials, quite well too, but i feel i progress 3 times faster on "real" trial frames.

if you're looking for that "one bike" that willbe brilliant on street freeriding, and also do some dirt and trials- its perfect. but its not THE best at neither of them. (if you ask me:)