Rim Tar

trials owns

Are you seeing things or am i blind,

because i dont see any tar under the lubricants and oils bit, or anywhere else on tartybikes for that matter :S

your blind (joke) i thought it was this stuff

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=2083&category_id=541

i suppose its called brake spray really

Edited by trials owns

hi all

any ideas where to get rim tar?, saw it on tarty the other day and couldn't find it looking today, probably me being stupid!

also does it make a big improvement or am i better of just leaving it plain?

thanks

try a roof tile place man they normally have it! also called bitumen x

Tar sucks, buy a grinder, it's loads better.

If you're young, and your parents don't like the idea of you having an angle grinder, explain to them that a brake without a grind is much more likely to slip, and so you're more likely to hurt yourself.

Tar sucks, buy a grinder, it's loads better.

If you're young, and your parents don't like the idea of you having an angle grinder, explain to them that a brake without a grind is much more likely to slip, and so you're more likely to hurt yourself.

ha good idea, if a grind really works i might take it to the local bike shop because i think they do it.

ha good idea, if a grind really works i might take it to the local bike shop because i think they do it.

Usually bike shops aren't aloud to grind rims for legal reasons. And don't run tar on a grind. Only run it on smooth rim using a smudge. Can't go wrong with TNNs Or HS yellows on smooth on a hot summers day. ;)

tar is the worst thing ever to put on rims all it does is make your brake mega loud but the performance goes down alot!

i found tar makes your brake have mega bite,loud but no hold at all which is fine is you are just doing siddlehops but........

grinds for the win!

I can believe it.

The tar can be found at any hardware store or building under construction at a very low price, even for free,

I don't understand how people can buy specific tar for "biketrial" when all of these tars works.