Magura Hs33 Bleed - Tutorial ?

dannytrialskid

Hi,

My rear Magura HS33 needs bleeding, I always take to a shop to get it done, but I want to learn to do it myself.

I cant find any videos on the internet of how to do it, and I can't really understand the written tutorials.

Anyone know a video tutorial that is good and uses the correct tools? (Not a bodge job)

Thanks,

Danny.

Edited by dannytrialskid

i couldnt either mate so i bled it in the bath because i couldnt wait any longer :lol:

I dont even know how to do that ?!?

PLUS:

my brake cable goes into my frame and back out so that means i will have to disconnect it all and then take it out... a pain in the arse if you ask me....

Thanks, Dude... might go for water bleed... not sure. Apparently it's more responsive?

Also how would I get it out of my frame?

no idea mate. if u cant get it out you can always try a syringe bleed. i will see if i can find another vid, havent seen one though.

EDIT na cant find one.

Edited by trials owns

Same, but thanks for looking.

is it just the hosing in the frame without it being stuck in etc?, because( u probly faught of this) you could unscrew the hosing from the leaver and then put the hosing through with the brake cylinders.

EDIT there must be a way of getting it in differently because putting it in this way it probly will not work......dam

Edited by trials owns

is it just the hosing in the frame without it being stuck in etc?, because( u probly faught of this) you could unscrew the hosing from the leaver and then put the hosing through with the brake cylinders.

Yeah but where you take the hose off of the brake, will fluid not come out?

Yeah but where you take the hose off of the brake, will fluid not come out?

fluid will come out mate but just have a cloth to hand, i would remove the hose at the slave cylinder end and once you have the hose of give your lever a couple of pumps to get all the fluid out before pulling it through your frame

I think I'll just stick to Magura Pure Blood.

Then I don't have the hassle of all of this!

Thanks though guys.

I have emailed Tartybikes to see if they would make a tutorial on a normal Magura Pure Blood bleed, not water bleed as there are several tutorials on the net for this.

Although my brake will be bled by then, but it will be good for future reference and for others.

I think I'll just stick to Magura Pure Blood.

Then I don't have the hassle of all of this!

Thanks though guys.

I have emailed Tartybikes to see if they would make a tutorial on a normal Magura Pure Blood bleed, not water bleed as there are several tutorials on the net for this.

Although my brake will be bled by then, but it will be good for future reference and for others.

ah well cant blame a guy for trying.

As I said earlier. I'd rather watch videos than read a written tutorial.

BUT:

Either way I was looking through my Magura Manual and looked at the bleeding part; I think I understand, I just need to buy the bleed kit from Tartybikes.

However, there is one thing that I do not understand.

When you take the 'BARB' out once you have bleeded the brake, surely either air is going to go in again OR fluid is going to come out therefore needed to put more fluid in?

If the magura cable routing goes THROUGH your frame (Im assuming here) you can't really do a bath bleed. You can, but it sounds like youre incapable so Ill keep it simple....

You need a syringe, clear hosing (about 300mm) 2 barbs and fluid. Cut the clear hosing in half and shove a barb in

to skip this step, buy this: Magura service kit

Read the book

done.

EDIT: Once you've bled the system, you cant undo ANYTHING except the lever clamp or the lever bolt 'pivot'. As you said this will induce air into the system...

Edited by PaRtZ