Chain Skipping

Box

I've been running a half-link chain for a while, but recently swapped it for a new normal one to avoid a painful faceplant.

My chain keeps skipping when I put a bit of a load on it. Changed the tensioner for a double wheel type so chain wrap isn't a problem, also the chainline is spot on. I'm running a Hope Pro II hub but that seems fine, pretty sure it isn't the freehub slipping.

Anyone else had skipping issues? I'm thinking it could be wear on the sprockets. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Higher quality sprockets should usually last you alright though, in fairness. The main issue with half-link chains is that because they stretch so much, they exacerbate sprocket wear. Might be worth banging a new sprocket on your bike though...

Higher quality sprockets should usually last you alright though, in fairness. The main issue with half-link chains is that because they stretch so much, they exacerbate sprocket wear. Might be worth banging a new sprocket on your bike though...

Truth...

I replace my chain every 2-3 months before it shows any real wear, sprockets can last for years then

Put a smaller, non-raped-by-half-link sprocket on and all seems well. Guess I should've tried that before splashing out on a new tensioner...

Thanks for your help guys!