Onza Rip

Jimbob 2705

Hi,

Is the Onza Rip a good beginners bike? I hear that a 19" wheel is better then the 20" wheel the Onza Rip has, Why?

Thanks

You can fit a larger tire on the back rim, this allows for more compression when trying to get lift off the back wheel.

Hope this helps your under standing.

Ashes.

You can fit a larger tire on the back rim, this allows for more compression when trying to get lift off the back wheel.

Hope this helps your under standing.

Ashes.

Thanks for that Ashes. Does it really make much difference?

Oh BTW, I 'submitted validation vote' which looks like it was the last vote you need. Nice one mate.

ATB

James

Oh BTW, I 'submitted validation vote' which looks like it was the last vote you need. Nice one mate.

ATB

James

Yeh makes a huge difference, you don't get punctures as easy too as its a lot harder to pinch.

ATB

James

Thanks very much for the vote.

I ride a 20" rear, but i have rode a pretty basic onza with a rear 19". The difference was amazing, I would never have thought such a small difference in size could mae such a big difference in performance. Having a 19" rim also allows you to fit an ever so slightly wider tire. This should help with rear wheel balance and help you to improve your riding by quite a considerable difference.

Yet again hope this helps.

Ashes.

Edited by Ashes

Thanks very much for the vote.

I ride a 20" rear, but i have rode a pretty basic onza with a rear 19". The difference was amazing, I would never have thought such a small difference in size could mae such a big difference in performance. Having a 19" rim also allows you to fit an ever so slightly wider tire. This should help with rear wheel balance and help you to improve your riding by quite a considerable difference.

Yet again hope this helps.

Ashes.

Thanks for that Ashes.

The reason I am asking is because I have found a very nice Onza Rip for £150 Posted which I think is worth it, but I am just after your guys advice/views. It is in very good condition, hardly used. It is white and it has pink rim and a black rim. Here is it's old listing on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150454767073&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What do you guys think? Worth it or not?

I could do with an answer ASAP

Thanks

James

• Like 1

Thanks for that Ashes.

The reason I am asking is because I have found a very nice Onza Rip for £150 Posted which I think is worth it, but I am just after your guys advice/views. It is in very good condition, hardly used. It is white and it has pink rim and a black rim. Here is it's old listing on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150454767073&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What do you guys think? Worth it or not?

I could do with an answer ASAP

Thanks

James

Very nice however i do have some bad news. You do know that if you were to buy that then you put a 19" rim on it with out converting it to a rear disk. This is because due to the rim being smaller this will mean that when ever you pull the back brake on, due to it being V it will pull on the type not the rim. Other wise, very tidy.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Ashes.

Very nice however i do have some bad news. You do know that if you were to buy that then you put a 19" rim on it with out converting it to a rear disk. This is because due to the rim being smaller this will mean that when ever you pull the back brake on, due to it being V it will pull on the type not the rim. Other wise, very tidy.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Ashes.

Thanks yet again Ash.

How hard and how much would it cost to change the rear brake to disk? Is it done often?

Would you value it at £150 Posted?

(Just a tip, re-read your posts before you post them, as your above post doesn't make very good sense but I understand it)

Thanks,

James

Thanks yet again Ash.

How hard and how much would it cost to change the rear brake to disk? Is it done often?

Would you value it at £150 Posted?

(Just a tip, re-read your posts before you post them, as your above post doesn't make very good sense but I understand it)

Thanks,

James

I wouldnt be able to advise you on the disk situation as i dont ride with them. However the cost of that mod is somthing quiet exceptional and that i would be interested in if you haddent beaten me to it ;)

Ashes

I wouldnt be able to advise you on the disk situation as i dont ride with them. However the cost of that mod is somthing quiet exceptional and that i would be interested in if you haddent beaten me to it ;)

Ashes

Thanks Ashes.

I'm really, really tempted!

The only thing I don't like about it is the rear rim, I would ideally want to change it too a pink one which matches the front but if I got it I might think about changing the back rim to a 19" and disk brake, as I am already buying a new rim.

What do you think?

Cheers

James

Thanks Ashes.

I'm really, really tempted!

The only thing I don't like about it is the rear rim, I would ideally want to change it too a pink one which matches the front but if I got it I might think about changing the back rim to a 19" and disk brake, as I am already buying a new rim.

What do you think?

Cheers

James

100% go for it. Better to try than never to try at all. I worst comes to worst then you'll be in the situation that your in now just with a tidy onza parked in the garage. If all goes well then you'll be sat on trials forum telling us all abou your amazingly pimped ride. :)

Scrap the rip !

Get a second hand t pro off ebay its better value for money !

A decent T-Pro is about £175 and I have to wait for a decent one to come up and and make sure they post if they are not local.

This Rip just seems such a good offer to miss, but maybe it is just me wanting a bike ASAP!

Thanks

A decent T-Pro is about £175 and I have to wait for a decent one to come up and and make sure they post if they are not local.

This Rip just seems such a good offer to miss, but maybe it is just me wanting a bike ASAP!

Thanks

No really its worth waiting for a t pro !

hi mate. firstly have a scoot round ebay and see if theres any other bikes for sale. if you cant to find any.... £150 for a rip aint bad. just have to take into account wheel size and upgrading. Try find a blade .. pro etc. maybe try find a bike wtih hs33's. just think about the long run... aswell

hope this helps :arabia:

hi mate. firstly have a scoot round ebay and see if theres any other bikes for sale. if you cant to find any.... £150 for a rip aint bad. just have to take into account wheel size and upgrading. Try find a blade .. pro etc. maybe try find a bike wtih hs33's. just think about the long run... aswell

hope this helps :arabia:

Well I have looked around eBay and I can only find one other suitable Onza T-Pro which is in good condition but the brake needs bleeding. It isn't in as good condition as the Rip.

Can you upgrade many parts on a Rip? Surely if I bought it though, it wouldn't lose much money if I kept it in good condition?

Thanks