Suitable Mountain Bike

Jimbob 2705

Hi Guys,

I went up the mountain yesterday on my Trek 3700 and had an amazing time! B)

I went along the bottom of the mountain first on a sort of wide dirt track, not really fast stuff but I made it fun by going along banks and jumping off! :rolleyes:

Towards then end (when coming down the side onto the road) there is a little section of dirt, rocks, drops, gaps and all that sort of thing. It's not high speed stuff though (well you can go pretty fast on one bit where there is a bit of a drop) but it's still great fun.

Anyway, I am thinking of getting a new Mountain Bike as my old Trek 3700 is getting a bit old and small. It has a 13" frame, the shocks on it are literally rock sold and the front wheel is badly buckled so the front brake doesn't work well.

I am thinking of getting a 17" frame as I am 14 years old and 5 foot 6. I am still growing though! ^_^

I was maybe considering a Specialized Hardrock Disk. Would this be suitable for me? I would be doing what I said above. Here is a link to one: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/hardrock-disc-2010-mountain-bike-ec019400?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

Are the higher models really worth the extra money? Is there any other makes/models I should consider? (I was thinking of a Carrera Fury but this is a the top of my budget)

Any advice would be appreciated! ^_^

Thanks,

James

I love specialized bikes. I bought a specialized rockhopper disc and loved it, it's really worth spending the extra money for one. Forks were great too, lockout function is amazing for hills.

What exactly is your budget?