Riding Without Rear Brake

Dušan

well iam starting many topics because iam bored (injured my ankle-cant ride) so my idea is... will anyone get better if for example for months wont use rear brake??? wont it helps to learn front up thing and generally frontwheel and two wheel stuff?it was just an idea and i would like to know what you guys think about it???

You can still do moves from and to rear wheel without brakes. I'd say it benefits you more riding brakeless on natural rather than on street though. Brakeless street is fun and you do learn stuff, but on natural it's amazing what you find you can do and you can make your bike do without brakes. There are quite a few moves and situations which you find are actually better and easier without brakes than with brakes.

true but all the time i just cant do it cause when i dont put in enough time in training frontwheel stuff i try it for example 2-3 times and then i go and try something different and than i come b ack to it.i would like to completly focus on frontwheel stuff

Removing either or both of your brakes is a brilliant way to build up techniques that are barely used when you have both brakes.

When I went with a rear brake, I learnt how to do sidehops from 2 wheels, up to front from 2 wheels, 2 wheel to 2 wheel gaps, and pedal ups to manual/2 wheels.

I also found basic track standing a lot harder, I am a fairly controlled and smooth rider with brakes, but it suddenly dawned on me how much I used the brakes when I didn't have any.

Removing either or both of your brakes is a brilliant way to build up techniques that are barely used when you have both brakes.

When I went with a rear brake, I learnt how to do sidehops from 2 wheels, up to front from 2 wheels, 2 wheel to 2 wheel gaps, and pedal ups to manual/2 wheels.

I also found basic track standing a lot harder, I am a fairly controlled and smooth rider with brakes, but it suddenly dawned on me how much I used the brakes when I didn't have any.

so if i would remove both of my brakes for some time i would have better techniques and when i learn some new technique brakless than with brakes i shouldn t have any trouble

ofc this way it will be a lot harder and more painful i guess :D my problem is that i hold brakes too much so i think when i heal iam gonna try brakeless riding :D

well i went fo a week with no back brake at has imprved my riding alot, especialy with spins and fakies, i use to be worried about 180ing at a high sped and having to go backwards after ards and i would always chicken out and hit the bck brake and spin back roud quickly but when i did it with no back brake i culdnt do that o i had to role and now i can180 at high speed an role back for ages.