Kona Swingarm Spacers And Bolts?

Caleb

Got an old kona kuku frame (2000) and just bought a fox rear float shock, however does anyone know where i can get the bolts and spacers/bushings for the shock in between the swing arm etc? v similar swingarm to stinkys etc

actually know what bolts i need just need spacers/bushings but cant find them for my model anywhere

Edited by Caleb

Got an old kona kuku frame (2000) and just bought a fox rear float shock, however does anyone know where i can get the bolts and spacers/bushings for the shock in between the swing arm etc? v similar swingarm to stinkys etc

actually know what bolts i need just need spacers/bushings but cant find them for my model anywhere

As Tic said, mojo for the bushing kit and then try Paligap for the bolts and fitting kit if it doesn't come with the mojo spacer\bushing kit. If you tell mojo what the measurements of the old shock were compared to the float they will be able to give you the right bits.

So you need a couple of fox bushings unless they're in the shock already? Little brass hula hoops press into the eyes on the shock. That bit is easy.

The other bits is the "mounting hardware". You can try and get some online (Mojo as Tic says, or you could try ringing BETD), or just get some made up. There's a few dimensions which you'll need to know - the diameter of the axle bolt (M6?), the width between the pivot plates, what type of shock it is/the internal diameter etc. It shouldn't be too hard to get them made though.

P.S. I never heard o the Kona Kuku so I googled it and it looks like a BMX?

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Fox_Rear_Shock_Bushing_Kits.html

Think i need the reducers and the spacers for frame to shock depending on clearance

the bolts i need i can get on ebay m6 x 40 m8 x 80

Could get this but seems a bit rich

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280526483200&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The frame is a kona kuku 1999 in fact

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1999&Brand=Kona&Model=KuKu&Type=bike

cant find a picture of one built anywhere, ive just been building this with spares on ebay and have just got stuck on the rear shock set up.

Appeciate your comments and feedback will keep searching, might just need the bush reducers for the bottom mount to fill the gap and reduces and spacer for the top.

BETD are always good service for this kind of stuff, but not the cheapest. Or mojo are the official route for anything Fox Racing.

Rockshox have also used the same diameter bush's as fox at some points in time, and as such you can get the right size bush's through anywhere that deals with Fisher outdoor. I can't remember the bush size off the top of my head, but it'll either be 12mm or 1/2".

Edit, according to BETD it's a 1/2" bush you'll need for a fox shock, so armed with that, with distance between the mounting face's and the the diameter of the bolt you should be able to order the rockshox one's from pretty much anywhere, in the past I've found them to be the kind of thing it's easier to get a shop to order for you, as they can just give the supplier a call and sort the right size with no fuss.

Edited by RobinJI