The Right Bike For The Right Style

fathopper

I've been riding on and off for about four years, in recent years got more into riding trials, and have had been riding an ashton justice, which I then upgraded to an Ozony XR26. Now recently I've found myself riding more park and street obstacles. The Ozony is a pretty long frame and I'm 6ftish, I'm thinking that as I've been riding more park, I'd like to keep the trialsy feel to the bike, but am looking for something a little more street biased than the Ozony, which isn't that great for park riding, I'm looking at maybe going 24inch, after riding a few of my mates bikes(mainly NS) more street orientated, which I like the feel of but I dont want to lose the trials feel, I'd like to keep the trials spec on a bike. So I'm wondering/looking into a 24inch trials bike, but I'm thinking do I sell my 26inch completely or do I get rid of to accommodate for the 24inch, because I don't see the point in having both if I can use one or either for the same riding duties. Any suggestions as what to do in the situation, I liked the look of the new zoot, but unsure to get a frame set or the full build. Because I like my spec just finding the frame not too good at what I want it to do Have been reading some of the reviews on here and they look pretty sweet to hop about on. Decisions Decisions

Have you considered going old-school instead? They're still trialsy, but much better in park.

Being 6' you might not fit on a 24 so well, and it'd save you buying all new parts etc. You can get old frames pretty damned cheap now - depends if there's a budget.

Seen a few Pashleys for sale recently, aswell as a Zebdi or two...

Edited by aener

Being 6' you might not fit on a 24 so well,

Why do you say that?

IMO your best finding a 24" Inspired / similar on here, buying it and then selling your Ozonys afterwards, it will work out cheaper if you can afford to put £400-600 into a good 2nd hand 24 first. I can elaborate why I think that if you want.

Why do you say that?

IMO your best finding a 24" Inspired / similar on here, buying it and then selling your Ozonys afterwards, it will work out cheaper if you can afford to put £400-600 into a good 2nd hand 24 first. I can elaborate why I think that if you want.

I do see the reasoning behind it, just worried if I don't like it i'd be stuck with a bike I can't ride where as if Id built the 24 and liked it would all be food. And old skool I've never really explored but now you mention it I'm going to look into it. It would be really a toss up between a zoot, zebadi or maybe an effect I want to keep the budget fairly tight!