• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Feedback


aener last won the day on October 12

aener had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1910 Excellent


About aener

  • Rank
    Waste of space.

Profile Information

  • Gender

Previous Fields

  • County (UK Only)
    West Yorkshire
  • Bike Ridden
  • Country
    United Kingdom

Recent Profile Visitors

21551 profile views
  1. Today, I purchased my first and last ever rainbow-finish product Way better than all that Stan rubbish.
  2. The general consensus is: don't. There's too much torque in trials. I've not run one, despite desperately wanting the silent hub, because of a couple of people that have had them. Both reported they occasionally slipped through, and even when they didn't they could feel a little spongey.
  3. Wow. I didn't realised they'd moved into that market. Being "in touch" isn't my forte these days.
  4. Profiles are 110mm. Your Pashley will be 135mm. Profiles were only ever a "thing" in trials because people wanted a 116mm (with cams) freehub. They're pretty much the same price as a Hope and not as good. Get a Hope
  5. Thank f**k Don't get me wrong - also a fanboy here, but DAMN they rode awful.
  6. You know those toffee/fudge flavoured things that are like doughnuts but not round? That. Well jell of that castle park roll down. Looked at that for ages and always wimped out. The nose-pivot incorporating the road-sign goes down in history.
  7. And was better in every way for it Really like some of the things he's doing these days. The trick-combos are less to my taste, but his lines are rad. It's the little bits thrown in as garnish rather than the super long setups. That gap-90-crankflip in the last one was better than some string of ups, downs, spins and a superfluous bars at the end. No specific examples from this one, but the same feeling applies. Felt a lot more like a riding video, and that made it great
  8. I'm maybe a bad example as it's a different use-case, but I used Trialtech single-walled circle holed rims on the rear for years. Each would last about 18 months before starting to go. No landing on corners like trials with brakes though, so that might change things for you. Edit: Note that I only changed away from them because when I needed a fresh set they'd sold all their new old stock and had no plans to make any more.
  9. Reducing to one song will always be a gross oversimplification. But if that's the challenge:
  10. Just so people don't point the finger at me being the instigator, I acknowledge I am one of those who doesn't take risks anymore I can't believe I forgot about TRA! Also definitely a contender.
  11. Double-posting but don't care. Whilst we're on the topic: what the f**k happened to trials? There was bigger, sure. But that gap specifically tipped riders over to God-tier, for me. I hate that it's gone now. The forsaken pilgrimage site. To a rail. With little wheels.
  12. It's bloody close. And very hard to draw a conclusion because of the different contexts, angles, bikes and posture, but I think I need to change my opinion above if the one above is current comp rider peaks (I'm so out of touch it hurts). Even if Joacim's above doesn't match the height, the repeatability I mentioned before is a huge factor, but the question was explicitly about size, not control. That just wouldn't be a fair fight
  13. Remember that Jack wasn't doing that in a way of beating a sidehop height, he was just getting up it. just getting up it It's hardly "shit".
  14. I might be compromised because I grew up on TGS bikes, but comp bikes feel even more specific to me. By quite a margin.
  15. Strictly sidehop related: I've not measured them, but the biggest street sidehops I've ever seen (the walls thereof, not them actually happening) are a few of Damon's in Leeds. I think some of Bersha's probably rival them, but I've never been at those walls so less familiar. Bumped into Carthy at Shipley the other week and he did one that was definitely higher overall, but it's tricky to say if it's actually "bigger" because of the rounded edges and setting up on a little knobble in the floor for a bit extra bounce etc. I'd say it's a very close match, with the main difference being repeatability. If they duked it out and ended up being exactly the same height limit, the comp rider would get it more consistently. My instinct is that the comp riders are going slightly bigger now. Edit: Actually, I just remembered some of those Matt Awkwright was doing around Preston/Blackburn. Further debate required.