An Introduction...

raoulduke

Hi everyone,

I've been reading/researching the forum for some weeks now and figured it is time to introduce myself. My name is Leon, I'm 25 and living in Exeter.

I used to ride trials when i was 15 - 17 in Torpoint/Plymouth but had to give it up due to other commitments, (College/lack of funds).

I had a Saracen X-ile with trials specific chain-set, Pashley forks and Maggie's, back in the day and I thought it was excellent, but after seeing one of the Phase bikes in a bike shop the other day my jaw dropped. I was so jealous that i didn't have the opportunity to ride a bike like that on a budget, so i thought screw it I'm going to buy one.

So far i have found all the information i need through searching previous topics but I'm sure I'll be asking for help at some point, and from what I've seen so far you seem like a helpful lot so i look forward to it.

Cheers.

Oh, and I love the respect for the English language upheld on this forum, although i still find it hard to tolerate any text talk at all including 'lol'... Sorry.

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't got a bike yet, I always like to do a bit of homework first. I have however settled on one of the Phase bikes.

I understand some people think the Geometry is poor, however it is the Geometry that has sold it to me to be honest as I was a bit concerned with BB rise, my Saracen had negative BB rise (if that makes sense?!) so i think the +5mm that the phase frame has will make it easier for me to pick up again, and obviously i can upgrade from there!

Hopefully the bike will be mine this weekend or next though!

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't got a bike yet, I always like to do a bit of homework first. I have however settled on one of the Phase bikes.

I understand some people think the Geometry is poor, however it is the Geometry that has sold it to me to be honest as I was a bit concerned with BB rise, my Saracen had negative BB rise (if that makes sense?!) so i think the +5mm that the phase frame has will make it easier for me to pick up again, and obviously i can upgrade from there!

Hopefully the bike will be mine this weekend or next though!

Cheers

Yeah I know where you're coming from with that, I used to ride a heavy tools trials frame years ago and struggled a bit with it when I started again this year so swapped for a Zona Zenith which has about +25mm rise I think and it made picking stuff up again so much easier!

Hope it goes well and don't forget to get some pics up when you've bought her!