Making A Comeback

cuff86

I've decided to make a comeback to trials after about 7 years.

Ive always ridden stock but am going to have a go at riding a mod and im after some mod set up advice from anyone that can help really.

I've just got hold of a Onza TPro frame and now need some bits.

Whats the maximum length/rise I can get out of a decent stem? and does anyone know who's making them?

Also is there any cheap sealed hubs that are worth looking at? and how many clicks should I be looking at for decent engagement out of a freewheel?

Cheers,

Welcome mate to the forum.

Good to here your making a comeback afetr a long break, there's been a lot of riders signing up recently who've been off the scene for the past 5-10 years!

If your after a stem then your best having a look on tartybikes website, I've done the same as you after riding stock years ago I've built myself a mod up as well and I use a trialtech race forged one which gives a fair amount of length and rise.

As for a freewheel you can't go wrong with either of the tensiles or if you can afford it the Echo SL 108 would be ideal. Complete spares can be bought for the tensiles whereas the Echo is renowned for being quite indestructable, I've got both so can recommend either depending on your budget.

As for hubs I built my mod on a relatively low budget for new stuff and I've found the Onza sealed hubs to be just fine for the job at hand, if not you won't go wrong with some trialtechs but again its down to your budget.

Hope that helps!

Just wanted to say welcome,

I've just got back to trials after an 8 year break, got a Phase 1.1 today, only ridden it back from the bike shop so far but it feels so different in every way from my old steed! Hopefully weather permitting I'll give it a proper test ride tomorrow. My only concern at this point is all the muscles i haven't used for 8 years ceasing up on me!! :lol:

As for advice I basically spent a couple of months looking at previous topics on here, and reading all the advice on Tartybikes, along with watching their product and maintenance videos, and it's been a great help so far (they have covered literally everything!)

Good luck!

RD