Trialtech Foams

Tom Canham

Hey, Im looking into getting some comfier grips, because my rubber ones keep hurting/ giving me blisters.

I have been looking at the trialtech foams.

Are they any good?

Are they grippy?

Are they comfy?

Any advice would be great thanks.

Tom

EDIT: Sorry i just realised i put this in bike pictures. Sory guys

Edited by papman

Only tried them on other people's bikes, but I always find them really fat.

Halfords grips for me - you get four tubes for £5, and each tube gets cut in half to make a pair of grips.

Some halfords stock the old ones still, but the Loughborough one has these new ones. They're a bit thicker and harder, but after a few rides they mould to your hands and start to thin down a bit.

In my experience, I've found them the comfiest and grippiest, not to mention cheapest :P

On the downside, the old ones rip, if you get them. The new compound seems better for not ripping however.

Only tried them on other people's bikes, but I always find them really fat.

Halfords grips for me - you get four tubes for £5, and each tube gets cut in half to make a pair of grips.

Some halfords stock the old ones still, but the Loughborough one has these new ones. They're a bit thicker and harder, but after a few rides they mould to your hands and start to thin down a bit.

In my experience, I've found them the comfiest and grippiest, not to mention cheapest :P

On the downside, the old ones rip, if you get them. The new compound seems better for not ripping however.

the clark ones. they feel nicer, the halfords own ones (grey and yellow packed ones) are crap, way too thick and way too soft, last about 2 weeks if that. Trials tech, last forever, had mine on my bike for well over a year, changed them had them on and off bars. no reason to buy anyothers,

Pop em on with a wee bit of hair spray...... stickes em tight. (bit we all know that)