Heavier = Stronger ?

I snapped my bars in half yesterday (Azonic double wall, 2 inch rise ) so thats the end of me riding my current bike as im getting a lynx in september and dont want to spend any more on my pitbull.

I've got some old monty bars that i was going to use on the lynx but after falling off yesterday i think its best to get some new ones as the monty bars are very old and very light (230g) and i may have put on a few stone since i last used them!

Can anyone recommend some really strong bars, preferably the same shape as my azoinc's as i really liked them? I don't care how heavy they are, strength is more important as i'm getting to old/fragile to be bouncing off concrete !

And for anyone thinking about water bleeding their magura i would highly recommend it. Not only is it free and makes your brakes feel better, it also means you only get water on your rims/in the back of your car if you rip the hoses out as i found out yesterday!

I snapped my bars in half yesterday (Azonic double wall, 2 inch rise ) so thats the end of me riding my current bike as im getting a lynx in september and dont want to spend any more on my pitbull.

I've got some old monty bars that i was going to use on the lynx but after falling off yesterday i think its best to get some new ones as the monty bars are very old and very light (230g) and i may have put on a few stone since i last used them!

Can anyone recommend some really strong bars, preferably the same shape as my azoinc's as i really liked them? I don't care how heavy they are, strength is more important as i'm getting to old/fragile to be bouncing off concrete !

And for anyone thinking about water bleeding their magura i would highly recommend it. Not only is it free and makes your brakes feel better, it also means you only get water on your rims/in the back of your car if you rip the hoses out as i found out yesterday!

Memberised.

It's all in the butting of the bars. The more that goes into the making of them the stronger they will be i think. Hence better bars can be abit more heavily priced. But thats not stoped me buying the cheaper bars. Look at some modern DH bars im sure they will be some that will like if you don't want trials bars.