Onza T-Pro Build

Hi,

I bought an onza t-pro 2005 model a couple of months back with no crank thinking it would be an easy fix but little did i know that the t-pro series had front freewheels instead of rear freewheels meaning i'm struggling to find a shop/website relitivly cheap so i would like to know what shop/webiste you would recomend for me to go to please help me.

Thanks

Swift

www.tartybikes.co.uk

the best a man can get.

Thanks i looked on their website and it was going to cost over a hundered pound and that is way over my budget

I'm seriosly thinking about putting a freewheel on the back instead of the front because i dont see what i'm gaining by having the freeweheel on the front, i would apreciate it if anyone could tell me.

Thanks

Swift

Thanks i looked on their website and it was going to cost over a hundered pound and that is way over my budget

I'm seriosly thinking about putting a freewheel on the back instead of the front because i dont see what i'm gaining by having the freeweheel on the front, i would apreciate it if anyone could tell me.

Thanks

Swift

the weight is in the centre so easyier to spin also makes it more responsive etc

Edited by trials owns

I've been using thse for a while now, and I can't fault them:

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/5779/Kooka_Muscle_Man_Crank_Arms

That is without the bashguard/chainring combo despite the picture, but it can be bought with them as well. They will take a screw on freewheel or a screw on sprocket so they are all good. Im currently using them with a Halo 18t Sprocket so they are usable with other pieces.

Hope I helped

James

i use front and basically most people that do trials have that.

ps i gave u a validation vote and trials is a expensive sport so you can get stuff cheap 2nd hand.

Thanks for all your help i think you have managed to change my mind back to wanting a front freewheel after all i would just ending upgrading to a front freewheel if i did get a rear freewheel.

Thanks again

Swift

Just had a look on ebay and wondered if these cranks were worth buying for my bike???

Tensil Crank"]Tensile Crank

Thanks

Swift

I've been using thse for a while now, and I can't fault them:

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/5779/Kooka_Muscle_Man_Crank_Arms

That is without the bashguard/chainring combo despite the picture, but it can be bought with them as well. They will take a screw on freewheel or a screw on sprocket so they are all good. Im currently using them with a Halo 18t Sprocket so they are usable with other pieces.

Hope I helped

James

Them cranks are the cheapest ive seen yet i shall be looking into the site for my other trials parts at a later date.

Thanks for the help

Swift

Edited by swiftspeed star

Just read this which is rather annoying:

Left hand cranks are 20 times more likely to sustain irrepairable damage than Right hand cranks.

In recognition of this Onza and Tensile offer individual replacements for the left hand version of all their cranks.

Your gonna have to splash the cash. Freewheels aint cheap for a good one. Try ring supercycles/tarty/who ever stocks onza to see if they have a right hand crank.

Just read this which is rather annoying:

Left hand cranks are 20 times more likely to sustain irrepairable damage than Right hand cranks.

In recognition of this Onza and Tensile offer individual replacements for the left hand version of all their cranks.

Your gonna have to splash the cash. Freewheels aint cheap for a good one. Try ring supercycles/tarty/who ever stocks onza to see if they have a right hand crank.

Tarty bikes have the exact crank set so i should think that they will have the right arm only but i'll have a look.

Thanks

Swift

Hi,

I bought an onza t-pro 2005 model a couple of months back with no crank thinking it would be an easy fix but little did i know that the t-pro series had front freewheels instead of rear freewheels meaning i'm struggling to find a shop/website relitivly cheap so i would like to know what shop/webiste you would recomend for me to go to please help me.

Thanks

Swift

Does that apply with the rip as that is the newer t pro?