I Need Help!

LukeJustLuke

OK So after picking my face off of the floor I am confused as ever

My Hope Pro 2 rear hub seems to have well i don't know, I will try to explain... When pushing the bike along the freewheel clicks and when I pedal backwards it clicks.... but pedal forwards and the single speed sprocket just spins ie no pedal power! What has happened?? I am the most un-technical person ever!

Any ideas??

Thanks In Advanced

OK So after picking my face off of the floor I am confused as ever

My Hope Pro 2 rear hub seems to have well i don't know, I will try to explain... When pushing the bike along the freewheel clicks and when I pedal backwards it clicks.... but pedal forwards and the single speed sprocket just spins ie no pedal power! What has happened?? I am the most un-technical person ever!

Any ideas??

Thanks In Advanced

How long have you had the hub for??

If you strip the wheel down and send it off to hope they'll fix it for you if not give you a brand new one free of charge usually!

This has happened to quite a few people. Inside the hub there is a ring of metal teeth called the ratchet. This is fitted into the hub via a screw on thread. You will have stripped that thread, allowing the ratchet ring to spin both ways instead of being solid.

Hope will very often repair a hub with this problem for free if you post it off to them. There is one problem though, to fix the hub they will have to replace the hub shell. This is the outside shell of the hub that the spokes attach to. So before you post the hub back, you will need to dismantle the wheel and rebuild it when the hub comes back to you.

Hope are very good with this sort of problem and will often send you a repaired hub back within 3 or 4 days. The only real problem is getting the wheel rebuilt, but if your rim is old it may be a good time to get a new rim and pay for a professional wheel build (Y)

How long have you had the hub for??

If you strip the wheel down and send it off to hope they'll fix it for you if not give you a brand new one free of charge usually!

Im really not sure as I brought the bike off of here! Sorry dude, does it matter how long I've had before they WON'T fix it?

This has happened to quite a few people. Inside the hub there is a ring of metal teeth called the ratchet. This is fitted into the hub via a screw on thread. You will have stripped that thread, allowing the ratchet ring to spin both ways instead of being solid.

Hope will very often repair a hub with this problem for free if you post it off to them. There is one problem though, to fix the hub they will have to replace the hub shell. This is the outside shell of the hub that the spokes attach to. So before you post the hub back, you will need to dismantle the wheel and rebuild it when the hub comes back to you.

Hope are very good with this sort of problem and will often send you a repaired hub back within 3 or 4 days. The only real problem is getting the wheel rebuilt, but if your rim is old it may be a good time to get a new rim and pay for a professional wheel build (Y)

Dude thats awesome! I was thinking about getting a new rear wheel so sounds like now is the time to do it! Thanks buddy

Im really not sure as I brought the bike off of here! Sorry dude, does it matter how long I've had before they WON'T fix it?

Dude thats awesome! I was thinking about getting a new rear wheel so sounds like now is the time to do it! Thanks buddy

No worries mate, glad to help.

Hope sometimes charge for repairs, but usually this problem they fix for free even if you have no receipt. Just include a friendly letter explaining what happened and I'm sure they will sort it for you :)